Anyone have Experience of Uber Leisure in Harlow? (1 Viewer)

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
We have found a C class Winnebago that we like BUT it's in Harlow at Uber Leisure & we are in Derbyshire so I was wondering if any kind Funster lived near Harlow and could do an initial view for us & advise if its a lemon or not to save us a wasted journey, obviously if it seems ok we will travel down ourselves to view.
I am also curious as to the dealer as I have heard nothing of them before.

Fingers crossed,
Thanks,

Mrs Travelbug1

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Know nothing of the dealer, the RV looks clean and all there, minus the TV, priced about right, not a earth shattering price should be room to move a little
would be a good staring point to view, need to smell the interior also which does not show up on website. Check the vin plate for actual manufacture date of the chassis, converted in 20o5
I do not see and stickers for Dudleys the main UK importer so check the Elec conversion is correct ( not a yellow site transformer to 110v) and that all the appliance work on mains, some cheap conversions are EHU lead to some 240v sockets so no fridge, micro or battery charge from EHU. and any service owner history.
Check fridge and genny run ok for a long while. Start the fridge on gas first as this can be problematic. If this is ok start on elect

You can only spend your money once so take your time

One thought, at this length there Will be a choice of dinette make up bed or rock and roll sofa. You need to decide if eating or lounging is more important to you. (If lounging is more important then it can easily be exchanged to a sofa )Not sure it will be a prob for you as the overcab will become the kids den

Keys are readily and easily available about £5 each cut to fit

But go and measure it as it is 24'7" in the brochure.
http://media.gowinnebago.com/models...vious-models/2005/winnebago/05-Minnie-bro.pdf

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Thanks for that, the layout is overcab, dinette and rear bed which is spot on for us as kids can go in overcab!
Food for though about all the things to check, just wish it was a bit nearer to us to save the trek!
Will probably call them for a chat & see how that goes and decide whether to go view or not.
Interestingly I asked similar questions about generic winnebagos on another facebook forum and got told they are rubbish quality & build and to stay away and buy a Hymer even though I said we have already got a European Motorhome that we want to sell for an RV !! I knew I should have just stuck with Fun lol !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
I have seen another C class on Ebay, am going to view it tomorrow but not necessarily buy it, can anyone give me any idea as to what model it is please and any relevant info?

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back