Anyone had a fun time at the NEC this week? (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well I drove up yesterday and spent the night at Somers Wood, but having sold my MoHo last week I had to take my son's VW.

Never again, but we made it in and spoke with the ALDI heating man then spent about two hours with Eddie Van Bitz and his daughter Lyn, picking his brain and lining him up for some serious supplying and fitting of gear on the MoHo we went up to buy.

We're talking Growler / Tracker / Satellite Dish or dome / Gaslow / Sat Nav / Inverter / and more besides. He gave us the benefit of his advice and off we went to order the MoHo.

Three hours later we returned to cancel everything apart from the Growler and Tracker as we switched MoHo models and bought one with everything on it.

So here I am head spinning from the experience, watch out for those fast talking sales people, they made me remortgage the house just to sell me the van I didn't really want.........:wink:
So you will be going to Bristol then(y).....in whatever it is....:cool:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I've noticed that some dealers seem to play dumb when talking about payloads !:pinocchio:
Saw an advert for a leftover from year van, it gave payload of 260kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two people spare undies, some water and a can of beans then for that one .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a elddis 400 it is a 7 berth. on a 3.5 ton
... what's your actual payload ... taken from a weighbridge not the supposed one given by the dealer/manufacturer ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The show was good really enjoyed it. Saw some awful payloads :-(. I set of slideouts quoted 3250 running weight on a 3500 van! Another, i think tribute said 7 berth all on a 3500 van! How is that possible?
Just because it can SLEEP 7 doesn't mean it can CARRY 7 with some kit (even just minimal bits) and be legal ... that's the problem ... they'll sell you it as a 7 berth but you then find that in order to use it for that many you'd need to either upgrade the permitted weight (subject to it being able to have this done) or get some of the group to travel in a separate vehicle! Nuts ... totally nuts ...

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well minxygirl. fully loaded with 3 adults. 4 kids and 3 dogs. it weighed 3 .4 so we are ok. we don't as a rule take that many but as we had that many we checked at Weybridge .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back