Anyone fitted extra 240V sockets in the Twin supreme ? (1 Viewer)

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Had our new Twin supreme delivered last week , after a practice session on the drive we found it lacking in 240V sockets
Just wondered if anyone had fitted any extras.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Didn’t do it ourselves but had an extra 3 put in and an extra TV socket before we picked it up. Has this weird idea it might be useful to have the extra TV socket and 240v socket in bedroom area. Not used them yet! Didn’t seem too big a problem for the dealer. Sorry can’t remember cost as was part of a deal.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I have a new Twin Supreme sitting at the dealer waiting for me to collect as soon as we get our freedom back.

If you are doing this yourself I’d be interested in finding out you cable run.

I had been thinking of taking a spur off the socket in the kitchen area and running a cable into the garage to charge electric bikes. Also want to put another USB socket above the bed, opposite the standard one. Hoping I can wire off the reading light.

Can’t wait to get the van to work out if my theory will work.

Let us know how you get on please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
I’ll be looking at the OG 12v socket and reading light first to see if they are wired from the same source. If so that’s an easy one.
The back of the kitchen socket is easily accessible and there’s lots of spare wire to tap into. However getting it to the garage or anywhere useful from there has got me scratching my head.
A quick look says the fridge will have to come out but I haven’t had the time to investigate yet.
Whoever thought fitting 240v sockets upside down and tight into a corner needs their head examined.
I’ve a few 240v gadgets with transformers in the plug and they cannot be plugged into either of the existing sockets .

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I found that a set of cable rods for feeding cable through voids, through the back of units, beging the fridge etc were invaluable when adding sockets etc. The small ones were great (you just screw them together to make them longer)

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
The 12v USB socket is fairly straightforward, unfortunately the original one is not fed via the spot light so feeding a new one from the spot wasn’t possible.
This being the case it was easy enough to spur into the feed behind the existing 12v USB socket, I fused my spur there then fished the wire behind the over door cupboards in some flexi plastic sheathing to the other side.
I added a 240V socket under the rear travelling seat directly from the fuse box as there are plenty of spare ways in the box.
Fitting a 240v socket in the rear somewhere looks a real mare so ive not got my head around it yet , hopefully someone will do it first and post up😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
new 240 v fitted directly from mains .
I strayed away from exact match to existing sockets as the OG ones have spring loaded covers which are a total pain to use .

2BA9466B-E259-4624-8EEB-F41C918EBF0A.jpeg

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I was told that running Spurs for extra sockets was not doable in a MH & all had to be run direct back to the fuse box using stranded core wire as opposed to solid copper wires like in a house due to vibration breakages to the cable in a vehicle. I have no electrical knowledge but the person who told me is very experienced & competent but not an electrician. Anyone who knows for definite would be good to know either way.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
/
The 12v USB socket is fairly straightforward, unfortunately the original one is not fed via the spot light so feeding a new one from the spot wasn’t possible.
This being the case it was easy enough to spur into the feed behind the existing 12v USB socket, I fused my spur there then fished the wire behind the over door cupboards in some flexi plastic sheathing to the other side.
I added a 240V socket under the rear travelling seat directly from the fuse box as there are plenty of spare ways in the box.
Fitting a 240v socket in the rear somewhere looks a real mare so ive not got my head around it yet , hopefully someone will do it first and post up😀
Only three years late asking a question on your post but did you ever find a decent cable route to provide 240v in the rear of your SLB ? Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back