Anyone been to Bicester Shopping Village in their motorhome - is parking ok (just a couple of hours) (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Thinking of going to Bicester tomorrow (the boss has been looking for shoes for our daughters wedding in December) and thought i would surprise her with a trip there to the shopping village, as we are out and about for a couple of days, not looking to stay overnight, just to let her spend her pocket money ....

is anyone able to clarify/advise if parking is easy enough for 7,5m motorhome for a couple of hours?

thanks

Jul 20, 2019
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur LVX855 A
Exp
Since 2001
It was ten years ago and on a Sunday morning, but we decided to stop off there, there was a long cue to park but we were directed to go to what looked like the goods inwards area and were parked in a secire area at the rear of the shops with very good access to the shops.

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Same here - must be around 8 or 10 years ago but don’t recall having any particular problems. Was in a 7.5m.
Arrive early-ish and try for an end of row spot. Doesn’t matter if you take up 2 spaces as (was) free parking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Absolutely no problem, just park in the coach parking area. You will probably be directed by the staff to the location and possibly to a particular slot. It is alongside the 2 storey car park and adjacent to the village.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Tesco just across the road. Plenty of space, if you encounter problems at the village

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Went there this morning (Bicester Shopping Village), it was a surprise visit for my wife who has been looking for wedding shoes (some of those who move amongst us will know how hard that can be ...) - didnt tell her we were detouring and before we left the van to walk over, i told her that if she sees some that she likes then just buy them ...... thank god she ignored me !!!

the prices were, lets just say, just a tad high.... though most shops were offering discounted shoes, they were still over the £300 mark though i suppose you did get a pair and not just one shoe for that price .....

The shopping village to be fair was incredibly clean, well 'policed' by staff and a great place (for the likes of us two) to walk around and see how the other half live ..... its well worth a visit for a couple of hours if youre in the area or are looking for that special gift/clothing etc and have the money to spend.

parking was simple and attendants were really helpful - directed us to the coach parking area, lots of room.
IMG_20211112_111922_760.jpg

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
£300 for a pair of shoes, they must be very special, can you walk on water with them😳

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back