Any Truma Combi heating experts here? (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have a 2011 Bavaria MH which has a Truma Combi system. I haven't had to use the heating system in anger so I thought I would give it a try this evening. Its about -1c out there this evening. There is no water in the system as I drained it down a couple of weeks ago but I have read you can run the heating without water in the system.
I have set the temperature to max ( 5 ) and ran it for an hour and a half. Vapor was coming out the vent out side and all the appropriate noises where going on like the fan turning etc. However the temperature of the air coming out of the habitation vets inside the MH can only be described as lukewarm and after an hour and a half the MH was still freezing. When I turned the temperature control down normally when the van has reached a certain temperature the orange light would go out to signify the van has reached that temperature setting. However after an hour and a half I could turn the temp right down to number one and the heating was still running, obviously the van hadn't even reach the minimum temperature inside.
I have had the van since March and don't know if the Truma system should be serviced or something.
Any suggestion or pointers would be appreciated. I was hoping to go away in it next week but obviously can't with such a lousy heating system.
In our previous van we could never turn the heating on to max as it was too hot.
IMG_20181225_204958774.jpg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
From your picture it looks like you have it set to heating and hot water...? Have you tried just putting it on the first flame down from the off position....

If you’ve got it set right down on the 60 and heating it will try and heat water that isn’t in the boiler and it will not heat it...
I think the Truma heats water first when you have the setting on both...

Try it on the first flame setting .... you should feel the heat within ten minutes....

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
From your picture it looks like you have it set to heating and hot water...? Have you tried just putting it on the first flame down from the off position....

If you’ve got it set right down on the 60 and heating it will try and heat water that isn’t in the boiler and it will not heat it...
I think the Truma heats water first when you have the setting on both...

Try it on the first flame setting .... you should feel the heat within ten minutes....

Keep up.........two threads posted :xgrin: but your quite correct:xThumb:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/any-truma-heating-experts-here.189021/#post-3138680

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back