Any thoughts (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
We have a tunnel booking for the 22nd August and our intention is to go to Provence for a couple of months. Looking at the news today and war gaming the scenarios there is a distinct possibility that France will end up on the Red List soon and worse still may then retaliate by putting the UK on their Red List. If that does occur would we be able to travel through France to get to Germany and stay there instead - what do you think?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
........ would we be able to travel through France to get to Germany and stay there instead - ?
To answer your question directly:
Only if you are allowed to travel through France to get to Germany (and Germany will let you in).

;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I don't think you'll have a problem. It seems pretty certain that the UK will take France off its 'exempt from quarantine' list in the next day or two. If France does impose a tit-for-tat quarantine like last time, that can only be voluntary. People coming over weren't even invited to do the voluntary quarantine. If they do ask, you can just tell them you are going straight to Germany.

Coming back (if the quarantine is still in place) as I understand it, if you pass straight through France without mixing with anyone, you won't have to quarantine in the UK.

Hopefully after the French holidays have finished, and the authorities have given the young French adults a good talking to (they are the main cause of the recent increase in cases) the infection rate will be down again and the fat blond bloke can put France back on his exempt list.

Of course this all changes if Germany change their rules. And the infection rate in the UK is rising too, so there's that.

Just my opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back