LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Go for it. It’s so convenient and if you have fingerprint validation it is more secure than normal contactless cards.

Other benefits include:

• Not limited to £30 per transaction (because of the fingerprint security). Many retailers don’t know this and will tell you there’s a £30 limit. They are surprised when it works.
  • You can register non-contactless cards to use through Apple Pay
Ian

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes. Use it at every opportunity, it's my payment method of choice.

It's no different to using a contactless card but with the added security of requiring fingerprint authorisation. It also has the added benefit, as long as the merchant has set their terminal up properly, of not being subject to an arbitrary transaction limit. Many websites are starting to add it as a payment option as well.

I believe there is an Android version as well but I don't know anything about that one.

Don't have anything negative to say.

You're no doubt going to hear a load of paranoia in a minute regarding contactless technology. :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not limited to £30 per transaction (because of the fingerprint security). Many retailers don’t know this and will tell you there’s a £30 limit. They are surprised when it works.

There's a little bit more to it than that. It depends how the retailer has their terminal set up. Some of them have it set so that contactless is disabled on the terminal over £30 so you don't even have the opportunity. Others have their terminals set for completely unlimited so that the only limit is any imposed by the card issuer.

You're right though that many retail staff don't understand the differences.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Not limited to £30 per transaction (because of the fingerprint security). Many retailers don’t know this and will tell you there’s a £30 limit. They are surprised when it works.

There's a little bit more to it than that. It depends how the retailer has their terminal set up. Some of them have it set so that contactless is disabled on the terminal over £30 so you don't even have the opportunity. Others have their terminals set for completely unlimited so that the only limit is any imposed by the card issuer.

You're right though that many retail staff don't understand the differences.

Yes, I’ve had a retailer explain that they have set a limit on the card machine and it explains why sometimes I’m able to transact more than £30 sometimes and not other times.

Ian

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I’m concerned that someone might steal my finger in order to be able to access my account. They may not know which finger to chop off, so they may take all of them :xangry:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I’m concerned that someone might steal my finger in order to be able to access my account. They may not know which finger to chop off, so they may take all of them :xangry:

There’s an easy way to guard against that.

Use a toe instead :cautious:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Yes, no problems and easy to use. Mine is face recognition, so they'd have to chop my head off :xrofl:

DJP

Free Member
Nov 4, 2008
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
Exp
I use Apple Pay all the time (up to £30, never tried more) using my Apple watch, its brilliant and always to hand, well wrist.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back