Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Good evening everyone

Didnt know there were that many airgunners here.

I own a Umarex 850 AirMagnum .22 and have had it for the past year. I mainly use it for woodies, tree rats and rabbits. Never short of nibbles on a wild camp::bigsmile:

M

Mitch

Deleted User
Tx200

I too have an Air Arms, TX200 .177, Simmons scopes, sling/swivles and gun sleeve.
My Dad's a Gamekeeper so I'm very , very lucky, 2500 acres ::bigsmile:

My lad has a Weirauch so we often go for a walk about.

Although Geo's comment is true, you can't beat a 12bore :Smile:

The Air Arms is for sale if anyones looking ?

Mitch

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
son has a.22 gamo and i got a couple of bsa .22

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Long time ago, I don't recall problems - so what does it damage ?

Hi ..

it could damage the seals, chamber and in the worst case scenario .. you.. the shooter..

Do NOT try to make spring guns diesel! Internal combustion fuels - diesel, kerosene and similar ones - will explode in a spring gun, causing SERIOUS HARM to the shooter! Even petroleum oil can diesel in a powerful gun! If it explodes, it can cause gun damage and possibly injure the shooter and those standing nearby.

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
I also pop a few rabbits and rats if I can hit them .I have an Air Arms S410 gas 10 shot , an exellent gun and if you use a spinger a totaly different experience to shoot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John

Bit like buying a motorhome.. depends on how much is not a little.. :roflmto:

Cheap imported Chinese start at around £30 .. but IMO a waste of money ..

Have a look at this site for idea of prices .. Link Removed they used to do mail order but that's illegal now, you can order but it must be delivered to a gun shop for collection..

starting price for a half decent rifle is around £180 .. plus £100 for a reasonable scope and mounts..

German rifles by Weirhauch are excellent but the exchange rate has made them less attractive now.. I've had three in the past .. cannot fault them but my preference is now Air Arms..

Visit your local gun shop and see what's in stock.. a decent shop won't sell crap..:Smile:

Jesus H Christ.......the last time i had one £30 got you a reasonable one and £20 got you a good 'scope......

have to think twice about this......dogs do alright for rats...both tree and ground versions.

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Ive got a BSA Stutzen .177. Lovely little rifle. (Its up for sale if anyone wants it). Hardly ecer been used. :thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Used to belong to an air-rifle club when working in Sussex.

Still got the rifle and pistol somewhere.

Webley Hurricane pistol.

That was very accurate and powerful, especially with the steel capped pellets.Used it for target shooting only.Couldn't bear to kill with them.A lot of friends did and even started stripping and modifying the springs to give more powerful muzzle velocity and better range.:Eeek:

Used to fire .38 .44 and .45 and load and mould our own bullets too.

Test Range was in the basement of a telephone exchange......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Just wondered,

Have an Air Arms .22 TX 200 and a Weihrauch .177 HW45 pistol.

Enjoy both target and rabbit shooting, member of the Air Arms Owners Club.

Jim

Yes Jim count me in .I have a Daystate Huntsman .22 FAC ,Air Arms S300 .22 and a Webley Osprey .22 which I bought new some 30 odd years ago:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Weihrauch

Mine is a scoped Weihrauch 0.20.....some of you will be thinking this silly person has put a "0" instead of a "2" it should be .22 but NO it is a .20 I purchased it when I was rough shooting with my shotguns for rabbits.....they told me when I purchased the gun it had the power of a .22 and the accuracy of a .177.......the only problem is getting the pellets for it so sometimes I have to remould .22 pellets to fit.....I do find the Weihrauch with scope a little on the heavy side,
Powerful it is.......
Me and the wife gave up our shotguns when we moved to France..
When we lived in England we would shoot with the local Police by invitation on there clay shooting range and a lot of the police that shot with us was from there TACT team ...a few had a tight grin when the wife came away with the first prize trophy..........( I suppose you could put it down to too many beers in there private club that was none profit making with beers and spirits costing about .50p…..lovely)
But we still kept the Weihrauch in case of any rats as we are in a rural village in France......not needed as yet and we have been here in France 5 years.
It is surprising how many of us still have air rifles.

From a pleasant peasant born Yorkshireman now living in

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Air Rifles

If your serious about buying another air rifle buy the best you can afford don't fanny about spending 50-60-70 quid splash out you can buy a decent 2nd hand rifle for 150 quid and a new scope for 60 quid so for 200 quid you can buy a good combo!!

Try Air Arms Owners Club. - Index page and pick up a wealth of info similar to here only for Air Rifle enthusiasts:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So what is a good 'repeater' rifle, how much and how easy is it to 'touch up the power'

Peter

Hi Peter.. are you thinking of stocking Air guns now :roflmto::roflmto: by the interest shown on here it may be worthwhile.. :winky:

Sorry, can't help with your question but as already mentioned, this is a good forum to answer all the questions..

Air Arms Owners Club. - Index page

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
How about a shooting meet? I have a Wembley air pistol somewhere:winky:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I have a Weihrauch 77k with a 4x40 scope and scilencer in store up country...............was for target shooting only (premethious pellets).............don't think I could kill anything unless it was going to kill me ............
didn't think it would be legal in a MH to carry one.:Eeek:

I might buy one of these gas jobbies :thumb:

Boo

S

stagman

Deleted User
:thumb:
So what is a good 'repeater' rifle, how much and how easy is it to 'touch up the power'

Peter

Repeater rifles can be a bit tempramental even before fiddling with I would be carefull .If you want an easy rifle to tune with bags of potential power ,strongly and well made single shot then you can not go far wrong with a Weirauch HW80 .More potential than the other Weirauchs.They are de tuned for the British markets to 12ftbs and handle 18 very comfortably without busting your scope .Also very easy to quickly load with break barrell.:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They are de tuned for the British markets to 12ftbs and handle 18 very comfortably without busting your scope .Also very easy to quickly load with break barrell.:thumb:

Just a word of caution.. not trying to preach to the converted, I'm sure most of you already know, but just in case you don't..
an air gun over 12ftlbs requires a firearms license .. the penalties are severe if you are caught.. the same as having any unlicensed firearm..

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!

Peter

Hi peter
That would depend on what you wanted it for and how much you wanted to spend, there are a wealth of excellent reliable multishot rifles out there most of them pre-charged but a few good spring ones as well and all fairly easy to tune (in the right hands and with a FAC) but if money is no object then the creme de la creme in my humble opinion is Link Removed very very well made which means they are very very accurate as well and if you cant shoot well with one of these then get a shotgun::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Just a word of caution.. not trying to preach to the converted, I'm sure most of you already know, but just in case you don't..
an air gun over 12ftlbs requires a firearms license .. the penalties are severe if you are caught.. the same as having any unlicensed firearm..

Yes Jim agree with you but I was just answering a question .:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi peter
That would depend on what you wanted it for and how much you wanted to spend, there are a wealth of excellent reliable multishot rifles out there most of them pre-charged but a few good spring ones as well and all fairly easy to tune (in the right hands and with a FAC) but if money is no object then the creme de la creme in my humble opinion is Link Removed very very well made which means they are very very accurate as well and if you cant shoot well with one of these then get a shotgun::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Don't understand if you can't shoot one of these get a shotgun ,

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes Jim agree with you but I was just answering a question .:thumb:

Hi

Yes, of course, sorry, I wasn't having a 'go'.. no offence meant or intended ... :Smile:

but not everyone reading may be aware of the law..

Jim

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Peter
Hi Peter look up any Air arms,Weihrauch and my sons fav Logun s-16. By the time you have bought a few extras like charging bottle extra seals etc, you will have spent above £1000 without trying ::bigsmile:Go into a air gun shop and try different ones to see which you like and how to use /charge it.:thumb:They may tell you how to pump up the power but will defiantly not do it for you :Eeek::thumb: In this day just being seen with a gun in a case, in public will bring the law down on you and may well see you imprisoned for having your gun only slightly over the limit. :Eeek:Some guns are altered by a simple allen key screw that takes 2 secs once in the middle of a field :thumb: but remember to power it down before returning anywhere near a public / plod getting place :thumb: and be prepared to dump the key as if caught with both at once this is enough to get you done:Eeek::ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In this day just being seen with a gun in a case, in public will bring the law down on you and may well see you imprisoned for having your gun only slightly over the limit.

but remember to power it down before returning anywhere near a public / plod getting place :thumb: and be prepared to dump the key as if caught with both at once this is enough to get you done:Eeek::ROFLMAO:
terry

Indeed, not only in public, you can be done on private land, if found in your car or even stored at home .. it's just not worth the risk..

To be honest, if you need that kind of fire power (for whatever reason) better to apply for a Fire Arms Certificate and buy a proper .22 Rifle..

Also bear in mind, even carrying a legal rifle on private property without the owners written consent (even in a locked box) and you can be charged with armed trespass ..

There are pro forma 'permission to shoot' forms available to download from the Air Arms forum.. don't depend on the land owners verbal consent.. if something goes wrong he's liable to deny all knowledge ..

Air Rifle third party liability insurance is also advisable .. about £20 per year.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim, while all the advise given is is good sound common sence :thumb:I am not sure :RollEyes: but do not think you can still get done for trespass,armed or otherwise :thumb: in this age.:ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

do not think you can still get done for trespass,armed or otherwise :thumb: in this age.:ROFLMAO:
terry

Hi Terry , yes you can .. but I had to look it up to be sure :roflmto:

Naturenet: Guns and Weapons

Adapted from a leaflet entitled AIRGUN LAW published by the Shooting Sports Trust Ltd; updated to include elements of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 and the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.

Airguns in Public Places

Guns powered by compressed carbon dioxide (CO2) are treated in the same way as air weapons, i.e. if they have a muzzle energy less than 12ft lbs for rifles and less than 6ft lbs for pistols no firearms certificate will be required.

It is against the law for anyone to have an airgun in a public place unless they have some proper reason for doing so - for example, it has just been confiscated from an offender. A public place is anywhere where the public are allowed to go, regardless of who owns the land, and even though they may have to pay. Roads, streets, footpaths, canal towpaths, public parks, play areas are all examples of public places. If the general public have some sort of right or permission to be in a particular place, that is a public place and you are not allowed to have an airgun in that place.

It is an offence to fire an airgun within 50 feet of the centre of a public highway, if by doing so you cause any member of the public using that highway to be injured, interrupted or endangered. This applies even if you are on private property adjacent the highway. Public highways include roads, bridleways and public footpaths.

If you go on to any land, including over water and in buildings, without permission you are trespassing. If you have an airgun with you it is classed as 'armed trespass' which is a serious criminal offence even if the gun is not loaded.

It is an offence for a person, other than a registered firearms dealer, by way of trade or business, to sell or transfer an air weapon, expose such a weapon for sale or transfer or have such a weapon in his possession for sale or transfer. All sales will have to be face to face and the buyer must be at least 18 years of age.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back