Antigen test in Bilbao or Burgos areas (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are travelling back to the UK from Bilbao on a Sunday by ferry, and need an Antigen test on the Saturday morning, probably in Burgos, but maybe on Sunday morning in Bilbao.
Has anyone been tested in that area, and can recommend a clinic that will give the correct paperwork with the test? A link would be most gratefully received!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sorry can't help with a Pharmacy, although the bump might help.

You may not need it after tomorrow, or Spain might be straight to red or green list or any number of new categories in the fantasy league.

Deleted User
If you have are fully vaccinated no test in Spain is needed at the moment but of course that may change tomorrow.

A google search will provide the answer for testing locations.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
If you have are fully vaccinated no test in Spain is needed at the moment but of course that may change tomorrow.

A google search will provide the answer for testing locations.
Our vaccinations are in Spain and we have the certificates. I think we still need an antigen test though?

Deleted User
Our vaccinations are in Spain and we have the certificates. I think we still need an antigen test though?
We are hoping to travel back via Santander next week and are in the same position, my understanding is that the UK is now recognising EU vaccination certificates if the vaccine is a UK approved one.

According to the BF website all that is needed is a booking reference for a day 2 test in the UK and a completed passenger locator form.

This may change tomorrow though!!

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
07198EA7-3189-4BB7-AE0A-66C983D10DD4.jpeg

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
The "Spain only" part does indicate that If travelling from Spain only that the antigen test is not needed. I will write to Brittany Ferries today for clarification and report back.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
It’s all very confusing, which is why the best way to check is with someone going out and again with someone coming home, I have read contradicting advice on different sites.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I understand from the Gov sites that a test is required in the three days before return, and then a day 2 test once returned.

We, (but for France) took our pre return tests with us to do.

Deleted User
The Gov website is very confusing, it points me to a link for people living abroad and for fully vaccinated people it does not mention a test prior to departure, a few paragraphs above, in a different section it does!

Deleted User
Yes I have read that and it is ambiguous.

In the first section it says that you must have a test before departure but it also says that you must quarantine.

Under the fully vaccinated section there is no mention of a test before departure.

The implication may be that it is needed but the wording and layout of this document is appalling.

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
This is the reply from Brittany ferries regarding the requirement for a check before travel. Subject to changes, AT THIS TIME, you do not need a predeparture check prior to sailing to the UK on a ferry, but still need a check on day 2! Good news I think, and hoping it won't change tomorrow!!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

If you are a EU or US resident and are fully vaccinated then you do not need to take a pre-departure test to enter the UK. If you are not then you would still need to do a pre-departure test (PCR, LAMP or antigen) but would not need to isolate in the UK but you must do another test on day 2 of being back in the UK.

bf_logo_wde_new.jpg
Kind regards,

Deleted User
This is the reply from Brittany ferries regarding the requirement for a check before travel. Subject to changes, AT THIS TIME, you do not need a predeparture check prior to sailing to the UK on a ferry, but still need a check on day 2! Good news I think, and hoping it won't change tomorrow!!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

If you are a EU or US resident and are fully vaccinated then you do not need to take a pre-departure test to enter the UK. If you are not then you would still need to do a pre-departure test (PCR, LAMP or antigen) but would not need to isolate in the UK but you must do another test on day 2 of being back in the UK.

bf_logo_wde_new.jpg
Kind regards,

Just when I had decided to have one to be on the safe side:unsure:

I found this link useful https://www.saludsavia.com/servicios/acto/test-de-antigenos-rapido-covid-19

I won't know until tomorrow if we can use the Spanish crossing as we can't quarantine and if Spain is included in the Amber+ list like France then we will head to France and see what happens later in the year

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I like how the link states enter throgh a desinated port as though you can enter by sea, You can't flights only The only "ports of entry " are below. The only direct flight entry air Heathrow & Birmingham

Where you can arrive​

If you’re required to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel you can only arrive in England at certain ports of entry. Currently these are:

• Heathrow Airport
  • Gatwick Airport
  • London City Airport
  • Birmingham Airport
  • Bristol Airport
  • Farnborough Airport
  • Biggin Hill Airport

Other ports of entry may be added in the future.

Carriers are not permitted to carry anyone who has been in a red list country in the previous 10 days to any other port of entry than those specified.

Direct flights from red list countries must arrive at dedicated red list terminals. Currently these are at London Heathrow and Birmingham Airport.

Deleted User
On the Gov website it says this:

"

Amber list rules​

What you must do if you have been in a country or territory on the amber list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

Before travel to England​

Before you travel to England you must:

On arrival in England​

On arrival in England you must:

• quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8"
It is not now necessary to quarantine at home from an Amber list country or take a day 8 test if you are fully vaccinated.

In the section for EU or USA visitors it says this:

What you must do if you’re fully vaccinated​

If you’ve been in an amber list country (and have not been in or passed through a red list country, or France) in the 10 days before you arrive in England, and you have been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme:

• you must book and take a COVID-19 travel test on or before day 2 after you arrive (the day you arrive is day 0)
  • you do not have to quarantine on arrival
Even if you’re fully vaccinated, you will need to quarantine for 10 days if your day 2 test is positive, or if NHS Test and Trace tell you that you travelled to England with someone who has tested positive.

No mention of a test leaving an Amber country but above this section it says:

"If you arrive in England without proof you tested negative for COVID-19 in the 72 hours before departure, you could be fined £500."

does this overide the following section or not.......about as clear as mud.

On the BF website it says this:

Amber list passengers

1. Book tests for day 2 and 8

2. Complete a passenger locator form

3. Make plans to self-quarantine in private accommodation for 10 full days after arrival (or full duration of stay if less than 10 days)

Which is not the case but as the only Amber list country that BF operate from apart from Spain is France then those rules still apply.

From Spain:

SPAIN ONLY: If you are arriving from an Amber country, and have been fully vaccinated through an approved vaccination programme, at least 14 days before your arrival in England, you must:

1. Book a test for day 2

2. Complete a passenger locator form

Not in the least confusing!!!

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
So where is the answer we require?
Test or no test to return from Spain.
We are :-
Both fully jabbed
English tests booked , paid for and received and we have them in the moho.
DO WE NEED A TEST in Spain?
God help us.

Deleted User
Both fully jabbed
God help us.

I am as confused as anyone!

BF say you don't need one, GOV website is ambiguous.

If things stay the same tomorrow I will book a crossing next Wednesday, book a 2 day test in England and for the sake of €40 each try and get a covid test on Monday on our way up from Tavira.

The link that I put up earlier has lots of places on the route to choose from, just hope that they have slots available in the timeframe.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Both fully jabbed
God help us.
We flew back Saturday 31st July 21

We needed antigen test. Before we left.

We have both had two vaccinations.

As far as I can see, you will have to do what we did.

A, Antigen test before you leave Spain within 72 hours prior to returning to the UK
B, Pre-book 2 day private PCR tests
C, fill out the UK PLF (Passenger locator forms)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We flew back Saturday 31st July 21

We needed antigen test. Before we left.

We have both had two vaccinations.

As far as I can see, you will have to do what we did.

A, Antigen test before you leave Spain within 72 hours prior to returning to the UK
B, Pre-book 2 day private PCR tests
C, fill out the UK PLF (Passenger locator forms)

Updated here as it now says

"However, travellers arriving in the UK from Spain are now advised to take a PCR test - rather than the cheaper lateral flow tests - for the mandatory pre-departure test as a "precaution against the increased prevalence of the virus and variants in the country"."

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
We will be travelling to Spain , Portsmouth/Bilbao on the 15th sept and returning through France for the tunnel on 31st October, anything could change between now and then, I’ll just keep reading these posts for advice and updates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back