Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Phone Customer services.
Just spoken to our local FIAT Professional Centre. It’s the intercooler clip but, until I rang, they weren’t aware of the recall. Now checking on parts delivery time. I h@ve told them that we will be setting out on a ten week European tour on 1st March. Now waiting to see what they say.

Has everyone on this thread had to ring FIAT customer services to find out what the recall entails or is there a better way?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Has everyone on this thread had to ring FIAT customer services to find out what the recall entails or is there a better way?
Probably the easiest way, they are very helpful will even book you in to a dealer of your choice if want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks to all that replied. I have tried to download the app for my iPad but entering “Fiat Ducato” or “Fiat Ducato Camper” simply gets the message “No results”.

What am I doing wrong?
If you go onto the web and search for the app it will download to your iPad, I’ve just done it that way. Agree that it can’t be done from the app store

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
We need two recalls, 6125 along with 6172. Just back from the garage and it appears that they have a wired system in Portugal, you need to make an appointment to bring in the vehicle so that they can look at it then decide what parts to order, the. Come back once they have the parts, estimated minimum of twenty days to get the parts, so booked for 15 February.... then heading north on 25th.

So no real help there MSCAR’s Faro

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Just checked the app mines gone red.
Mine was OK on the EGR pipe.

Thanks Gerry.

Same here . Okay on EGR pipe but now showing red traffic light .

Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
Just booked in to Stoneacre Fiat Wrexham for the latest recall. The young lady booking it in was very helpful. As she was confirming the booking I heard her mention £24.90. It seems they try to add a 30 point check for that sum. As it has only done 2000 miles in the short time I have had it I declined. No wonder they talk so quickly so you can hardly keep up with them!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tried our normal FIAT Professional garage for the intercooler clip recall.

“Yes, sir, we can book you in for the third week in March.”

Sorry, we are booked on the Channel Tunnel for 1st March. Can you manage to fit us in any earlier?”

No!”

Fortunately we have found another dealership, about 8 miles further away who has managed to help, as “It will only take us an hour.”

After five years of dealing with first dealership I feel we are about to switch our future business.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
just checked, ours red, i have posted another thred regarding this, sorry folks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back