Another question for Twin 640 owners (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Awaiting delivery of a Twin 640 SLB. Slightly smaller than my Hymer!

Question the SLB beds are length ways. When sleeping that way what do you do about the pillows up against the rear windows. I understand they are double glazed but do they case any condensation? Or do you put something else in front of the windows?

Colyboy

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Thanks everyone. Who ever suggested the site with similar thread very useful have the answers I wanted.

colyboy

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Some friends of ours made up some Perspex panel that they fixed to the bottom half of the rear windows, this allowed them to still open them if required but it stopped the blind being damaged any further from contact of the pillows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Ah, Colyboy, I short cutted your question and did’nt look at some of the answers that I have now seen.

What made you choose the 640 Twin instead of the Mallibou, I’d be interested for a possible change later in the year, I will have difficulty getting my wife to put up with half a kitchen and the little front lounge.

BernieT

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Windows dont get condensation rear bed end, windows up front do it you don’t have a window gap to air when asleep. We’ve made some thermal window blinds using builders underfloor insulating sliver roll snd bag of suckers and gaffer tape all off Amazon. Cost around 35 quid for whole van. I pull blinds down to hide them. Then we cut as someone else suggested some perspecs cut to size and added heavy duty Velcro and this stops pills creasing the lovely blinds

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Colyboy.
We have the 640SLB (excellent!) and we found exactly what you describe with pillows and rear blinds. When we returned home with the van, I went to B&Q and they have a room divider system which offers a plastic headboard which exactly slots down into the metal bed frame . This keeps the pillows from damaging the rear door blinds, but it is easily removable should we need to raise the beds to carry a relations' furniture. I have to say, it looks like it could have been made by Adria.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I went to B&Q and they have a room divider system which offers a plastic headboard which exactly slots down into the metal bed frame . This keeps the pillows from damaging the rear door blinds, but it is easily removable should we need to raise the beds to carry a relations' furniture. I have to say, it looks like it could have been made by Adria.
Is it listed online? If so please can you add a web link? Did a quick search but couldn't spot it. It may be a useful option for other van conversions too.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
colyboy have a look at this thread on the Adria forum. It shows the Perspex covers I made for our rear windows. Amongst other things.

Adria Twin 640 rear window blinds​

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, sorry, I can't find the details of the room divider from B&Q that I 'modified'/cut up, I went in looking for a headboard/plank, but opted for something that I could place in and out. The object was to prevent damage to the delicate rear window blinds by pillows in the night. Apologies for the lockdown rubbish everywhere. Eagle-eyed Funsters will notice our Brompton Swytch Electric bikes that I mentioned in another post about bike racks for PVC /Adria Twin. Very good. Cheaper than Brompton Electric and nicer to ride IMHO.
20210221_121849.jpg

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T 588
Exp
Since 2009
When we had a twin 640, I made a quilted bed head so it fitted across the doors and didn’t crush the blinds.
Phil
Sounds good! Have you got pics? Trying to find a solution for our Twin at the mo 🤔

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve now slept 104 nights in our van, new July 2022, and have nothing extra up against the blinds to stop contact by the pillows and have not once had occasion to touch the blinds. I had considered the Perspex before delivery but now find we don’t need anything. I’m 5’10” and my wife is an inch shorter 😜

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
We’ve now slept 104 nights in our van, new July 2022, and have nothing extra up against the blinds to stop contact by the pillows and have not once had occasion to touch the blinds. I had considered the Perspex before delivery but now find we don’t need anything. I’m 5’10” and my wife is an inch shorter 😜
That will, be why then!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back