Another piece of Chinese Crap Fan (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2021
Silverstream, Tyholland, County Monaghan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
N00b
OK ...I know I am doing this to myself
Amazon product ASIN B08CVF1VVLBut seriously a 2 way switch with not enough wires and one sheet with four lines gibberish (Either sweet and sour chicken or crispy pork belly for all I know)

Yes I am afraid of cutting open my roof, and rather have replaced the current spims when driving or windy fan

But enough is enough

Anyone please doe me a decent roof fan suggestion . Not looking to spend £300 ...but if that is what it takes... that is what I will do

This just stalling my conversion project

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you go into an electrical shop in Africa, there is all kinds of crap that you wouldn't believe people would ever consider buying - totally unsafe and unfit for purpose. I've noticed this sort of thing starting to appear in the poundshops in the UK, unlike in the past. Did your fan have a CE marking?

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
a bit the bullet and parted with £300+ for one of these:

s-l400.jpg

must say I've been quite impressed so far, but yet to try it in anything like 30*C

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot

View attachment 549093
must say I've been quite impressed so far, but yet to try it in anything like 30*C
Best move you can do. I love mine easy to fit and they work brilliantly 👍🥃👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

View attachment 549093
Best move you can do. I love mine easy to fit and they work brilliantly 👍🥃👍
I've been wanting to install some sort of fan roof vent for a while as I feel the cold badly which is a nuisance as hubby likes to open the roof vent to let the smells/steam (smoke! :eek: ) out but then of course it allows the cold air/draught to come in. Am I right to assume that these reduce the amount of air that comes in when they're in use on extraction so that I won't suffer?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I think you need to start reading reviews OP and if an item has only 8 reviews you can bet 7 are form the sellers family.
amazon are quite good at returns, can you not send back.

1634572179759.png

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Another vote for the MaxxFan. Had one for a few years now and wouldn't be without it.

If you wanted something smaller (like the one you ordered), MaxxAir now do the MaxxFan Dome:
mxfan-dome-plus-1024x499-1070x521.jpeg

Not tried it, but have the MaxxFan and the same manufacturers roof lights fitted and both are great quality.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Or you can put one in a piece of perspex for about a tenner 😆
This is in the toilet 🤔 like a roof SOG fan 😎

20211018_180138.jpg

Edit : 2 speeds and a nightlight LED for assisted aiming 😆

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Works a treat even at 40+ here.
I just have mine on 'auto' & it opens/closes automatically when temp goes over 26º & mostly on low speed out.
Am I right to assume that these reduce the amount of air that comes in when they're in use on extraction so that I won't suffer?
Not possible Mel. If extracting you have to replace it with the same amount of air otherwise it becomes a vacuum & the van starts to collapse:giggle:

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I've been wanting to install some sort of fan roof vent for a while as I feel the cold badly which is a nuisance as hubby likes to open the roof vent to let the smells/steam (smoke! :eek: ) out but then of course it allows the cold air/draught to come in. Am I right to assume that these reduce the amount of air that comes in when they're in use on extraction so that I won't suffer?
I have not had any inward cold 🥶 coming in when it’s on extract. I have mine on at 10% extract all the time. You can’t hear it and it uses less than 1/3 of an amp. Good to keep a flow In The van for the 🐕.and when closed and turned off no drafts come into the van 👍🥃🦶

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
. Deleted

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
No cold draft into van if you have it set to extract. You can reverse fan from Extract to sucking in and speed of fan goes from 10% to 100%, you wouldn’t want to run it at 100% for long either way unless there’s been 4 of you on a right goid curry 😝

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
If you go into an electrical shop in Africa, there is all kinds of crap that you wouldn't believe people would ever consider buying - totally unsafe and unfit for purpose. I've noticed this sort of thing starting to appear in the poundshops in the UK, unlike in the past. Did your fan have a CE marking?
Saw this in a Bazaar in Spain a couple of weeks ago... the way to enjoy hot dogs!!

IMG-20211015-WA0002.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No cold draft into van if you have it set to extract. You can reverse fan from Extract to sucking in and speed of fan goes from 10% to 100%, you wouldn’t want to run it at 100% for long either way unless there’s been 4 of you on a right goid curry 😝
Could be useful when the dogs do a 'group fart'! 😄

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Another vote for the MaxxFan. Had one for a few years now and wouldn't be without it.

If you wanted something smaller (like the one you ordered), MaxxAir now do the MaxxFan Dome:
View attachment 549158

Not tried it, but have the MaxxFan and the same manufacturers roof lights fitted and both are great qualiTY

View attachment 549158

Not tried it, but have the MaxxFan and the same manufacturers roof lights fitted and both are great quality.
This would be perfect as a toilet/shower vent.

OP
OP
EdRedBird
Sep 21, 2021
Silverstream, Tyholland, County Monaghan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
N00b

I have seen that one
CON: I am 1.83 ...That is well over 6ft for those who have left /never joined the metric system, and that extra bit coming down.....
Pro : It would fit the hole I currently have.... little no cutting
Unclear about pissing rain sideways

Also bit of difficulty soyrcing one in NI

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back