Another Adblue problem 2020Boxer (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Hi all ,I have a 2020Boxer 24k miles,got adblue leak at bottom of tank , assume from pumpor pipe connection ,under cover on bottom of tank... anyone had similar,any advice before I pull it to bits .
Considered adblue removal remap....but ministry of transport now considering nox testing on MOT...so £650 to remove ( and this has to have dpf and egr removed at same time apparently) then if brought into MOT get it put back and still original problem to solve
Anyone had bottom cover etc off this later model adblue tank ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Seen on another thread about leaky tanks, some have had vans off the road for months waiting for a new tank.
I've had a search and can't find the thread.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
considering nox testing on MOT...so £650 to remove ( and this has to have dpf and egr removed at same time apparently) then if brought into MOT get it put back and still original problem to solve
The egr just has to be blanked & deleted from the ecu .the dpf stays in place but is removed, the inside gutted & refitted ,The same with the catalyst. If the obd port is fitted with a lock or even better removed it cannot be 'tested' as they are not allowed to fiddle with stuff.or obd hidden & replaced with one that shorts anything plugged in .
My 2007 Transit is tested for Nox emissions* at each test & was only fitted with a catalytic converter from ne.It still has one but is empty.Passes every time?

* I am at present attempting to find the exact Nox value that the vehicle was homologated with as it has come to light that early petrol vehicles that are not considered compliant by TFL & are classed as EURO 4, actually have certified & homologated levels less than those specified by TFL for EURO 6 compliance.
My van can't be far away from what the requirement is.

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
This is a euro 6 and adblue drastically reduces nox so presumably if testing became part of MOT it would fail miserably?? Or so I would have thought ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back