M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Got our 2005 Rapido a week (ish) ago, been doing a few bits on the drive to get it how we want but today it’s gone off to the motorhome mechanic for a once over even though it had a service 800 miles ago (but last year) and a clean MOT the week before we purchased.

They have had instructions to do anything they think is necessary with the mindset that they are taking their own family away in it.

Then next week we have a hab check booked for peace of mind with the gas system etc.

OTT?

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
No not at all.At least you will know it is right.As for habitation. Buy a damp meter and do it yourself.As for gas.I have a tin of gas leak test spray.Spray on all joints to check.Rubber pipes need replacing if not been changed for a long time. Usually date stamped.Not a lot more to check realy IMO.

Reactions: M-J
OP
OP
M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
No not at all.At least you will know it is right.As for habitation. Buy a damp meter and do it yourself.As for gas.I have a tin of gas leak test spray.Spray on all joints to check.Rubber pipes need replacing if not been changed for a long time. Usually date stamped.Not a lot more to check realy IMO.

Problem is I don’t know where the joints are and where they run. My expertise starts and ends with a co2 alarm 😂

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We all have different skills and knowledge levels. I always believe in you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident so you enjoy your travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All well and good but surely these checks should have been done before you bought it.

OP
OP
M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
All well and good but surely these checks should have been done before you bought it.

Ideally a hab check before purchase would have been carried out but I did some damp checks and a good all round inspection before buying. I was happy that anything that needed doing was allowed for in negotiations and anything I just wanted to do extra was in my mind budget wise.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Got our 2005 Rapido a week (ish) ago, been doing a few bits on the drive to get it how we want but today it’s gone off to the motorhome mechanic for a once over even though it had a service 800 miles ago (but last year) and a clean MOT the week before we purchased.

They have had instructions to do anything they think is necessary with the mindset that they are taking their own family away in it.

Then next week we have a hab check booked for peace of mind with the gas system etc.

OTT?

Make sure your gas checkincludes a pressure check and is done by a gas engineer certified for LPG and that he provides a certificate.

If unsure ask Basildog on this forum.

OP
OP
M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Make sure your gas checkincludes a pressure check and is done by a gas engineer certified for LPG and that he provides a certificate.

If unsure ask Basildog on this forum.

Thanks, I have a fully certified mobile engineer coming but will ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Oil & filter and a new reverse light switch that I asked him to do and the MH has been given a full bill of health, also sorted out a clicking passenger door issue being caused by the hinge strap (think that’s what he said)

🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back