Am I attempting the impossible. (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
We have a 2015 Carthago Chic C Line fitted with a Blaupunkt 530 Navigator, Radio, CD / DVD player, etc.

I can route the sound from the Alphatronic TV through the surround sound system and it works well.

The unit plays DVD's very well and I would like to feed the vision into the TV but no amount of fiddling with the system setting has achieved the objective.

Anyone done this and if so how?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Just looked at the manual for one and it looks possible -

External monitor
This device features an output for connecting an external
monitor for the rear area of the vehicle (see Connection
diagram at the end of these instructions).
Select the desired source via the main menu and
start the film playback, e.g. from a DVD.
The film is displayed on the monitor of the device.
Call up the main menu.
Press the
[twin screen]
button.
The film is also displayed on the external monitor.

Manual and diagram are

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There is a switch on the scart plug on the back of the tv

Ours somehow got switched to the wrong setting so we suddenly lost the ability to watch dvd’s

You should be able to watch DVD ‘s on the tv. It’s a standard feature on Carthago
Or at least it was on ours which is an identical van to yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks guys. I just had a quick look and can see where the scart switch is but I was unable to find the twin screen setting on the 530 unit; I will have a good look later today or tomorrow. I assume that the feed / source setting on the TV should be "scart"?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Isn't the twin screen feature for sending (sound and) images to a 'slave' screen?
What I understand is required is the reverse: receiving (sound) from an external source.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Cracked it (y). So simple when you are told how. Only had the van 2 years and have never bothered in the past. OH now collecting DVD's. Many thanks for your help :).

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
So which remedy cured the fault?
Scart or settings?

Richard.

Difficult one that. An embarrassing answer. Simply pressing the two screen button :blush:. Using the AV feed was required. I also tried the scart feed and switch but found it made no difference.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Difficult one that. An embarrassing answer. Simply pressing the two screen button :blush:. Using the AV feed was required. I also tried the scart feed and switch but found it made no difference.
The switch on the Scart may affect the TV sound getting to the radio speakers

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Anyone know the equivalent for a Pioneer?
We hardly ever use the TV (Avtex in our case) but it might be nice to use the surround sound of the media centre.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Isn't the twin screen feature for sending (sound and) images to a 'slave' screen?
What I understand is required is the reverse: receiving (sound) from an external source.

(I can quote myself)
Sorry, I misread the OP. I got it the wrong way around.
My interest is using the surround sound. The wires are supposed to be there, but may not be connected.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Rogher, on the BP 530 there is a touch switch to tap which connects the unit to the TV sound. I imagine you will have something like it. Mind you I'm no expert as the previous posts must have shown :whistle:.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Thanks. I've not explored the capabilities of my unit much. There's loads it can do that I haven't troubled with. I just use mine as a camera monitor and SatNav! Same with the car: I have a five disc auto changer and have never played even one CD or DVD.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
With our Pioneer unit the sound from the satellite receiver is piped through to the speakers over the lounge area. If we have TV on while eating the sound is right above our heads, meaning the volume can be kept very low. Good for neighbourly relations in hot weather when windows and doors are open.
However, it appears that only the satellite receiver is connected as, if we use terrestrial TV via the antenna, we have to use the much poorer sound through the tinny TV speakers.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back