ALPINE X903D DU NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR FIAT DUCATO (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2015

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have it in ours, not used it much yet but the Sat-Nav keeps getting lost, must update it and see if it gets any better.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jimsnap
Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2015
We have it in ours, not used it much yet but the Sat-Nav keeps getting lost, must update it and see if it gets any better.
So you wouldn't recommend it? I've been quoted £2500 to supply and fit it.

Martin

OP
OP
Jimsnap
Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2015
Top of the range latest Garmin sat-nav £400+ .... I know which one I’d go for...😁
Fair enough, but I want the large screen and Apple Carplay, etc

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I’ve got the 902D,had it for 3 years.Unfortunately Alpine are still trying to sort the Navigation out on it.Alpine support in the UK have been very helpful,but sometimes almost impossible to contact.The problem also seems to have them stumped.The music side of the unit is first class.The problem I have had since day 1 is the the navigation software doesn’t give the correct gps location after the unit has been turned off for a while and I often have to drive a fair way before it locks on again.I think if it actually worked it would be great😀but cannot recommend it as it is.Alpine have promised to sort it out but I really don’t know when,unfortunately.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I’ve got the 902D,had it for 3 years.Unfortunately Alpine are still trying to sort the Navigation out on it.Alpine support in the UK have been very helpful,but sometimes almost impossible to contact.The problem also seems to have them stumped.The music side of the unit is first class.The problem I have had since day 1 is the the navigation software doesn’t give the correct gps location after the unit has been turned off for a while and I often have to drive a fair way before it locks on again.I think if it actually worked it would be great😀but cannot recommend it as it is.Alpine have promised to sort it out but I really don’t know when,unfortunately.
Thats interesting as our X903 was particularly useless last weekend luckily on a route we know otherwise goodness know where we would have ended up, it seemed that the GPS had some sort of location error and stalled a couple of times, I am going to do an update and see how it performs.

OP
OP
Jimsnap
Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2015
I've decided against the 903 now. When I eventually managed to find a decent video of it I realised it was very bulky, a bit like an old tv at the back, I thought it was a slim device like an iPad.
I'm thinking of the Alpine Halo F904D now but am concerned the navigation problem might be the same as on the 903?

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
Has anyone tried to use it using the navigation android auto or apple carplay instead of the inbuilt one? Reading the tech pages at Alpine, it’s supposed to be TomTom software built in. Perhaps its an antenna issue?

I was looking at buying one of the Alpine X903D-DU but now in two minds. Does anyone have a double din alternative they can recommend for the Ducato?

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Yes I can use both android auto and Apple car play and it works very well with both.Regarding the Alpine system it has IGO nextgen software which uses Tom Tom mapping.It isn’t an antenna issue.It is a problem with the IMO over sophisticated GPS settings which also factor in elevation,acceleration etc under the setting of VP learning.It allegedly learns your driving habits and gives more accurate navigation.This VP learning can’t be disabled and this is the issue I have had from new.When I reset VP learning,evertything works as it should.The problem occurs when it has learned ie been running for a while when accuracy is affected.Im sure Alpine are aware,they just don’t know how to fix it......apparently 😩

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We took our Double Din radio unit out, ours is a 2013 Autotrail and the unit fitted was a total waste of time.
We fitted a Parrot unit to answer the phone, a Kenwood single din Radio which then gave us a dashboard bin to store small items and the Garmin Camper 660 sat nav. a much better set up.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Rob Chris.That was the way I started but didn’t like the Garmin Camper.It took me on strange roads,even taking me off a motorway in Switzerland,through 2 tiny villages,then back onto it again.No traffic or anything🤬The navigation system on the Alpine has been brilliant WHEN IT WORKS.If they manage to sort it I will be delighted but I’m having to use a Tomtom camper as a back up which,to be fair,has never let me down...yet.

Mar 11, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC I600
Exp
since 2018
Has anyone tried to use it using the navigation android auto or apple carplay instead of the inbuilt one? Reading the tech pages at Alpine, it’s supposed to be TomTom software built in. Perhaps its an antenna issue?

I was looking at buying one of the Alpine X903D-DU but now in two minds. Does anyone have a double din alternative they can recommend for the Ducato?
I had a Pioneer AVIC-EVO1 fitted, expensive but when I looked at retro fitting a reversing camera plus buying a new sat nav and having a decent music system with DAB and phone hook up it combined the lot. I am really impressed with it. I had it fitted at Source Sounds in Chapletown as you are S Yorks based they are local. They have lots of options and really helpful I would recommend speaking to them with what ever you decide to fit.

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
I had a Pioneer AVIC-EVO1 fitted, expensive but when I looked at retro fitting a reversing camera plus buying a new sat nav and having a decent music system with DAB and phone hook up it combined the lot. I am really impressed with it. I had it fitted at Source Sounds in Chapletown as you are S Yorks based they are local. They have lots of options and really helpful I would recommend speaking to them with what ever you decide to fit.

Cheers Captain,

I’ll give them a ring in the morning when they open.

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
I too have the Pioneer Avic-evo1 which came installed with the motorhome. Didn’t rate it at first as seemed too complicated but now used a few times I’m getting used to how it works and it is very good. Apple car play is great and nice screen.
B080F9B4-406C-4CAA-A2E4-270F6648419F.jpeg

1C876A79-7890-456B-96ED-E3C08A827459.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back