Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Vicarious books ??
Yes.
I think the All the Aires books for France are very good. But I didn’t realise that they do NOT include ALL the aires. We were planning our route last night and found Camper Contact very useful and lots on their that are not in the All the Aires books.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Yes.
I think the All the Aires books for France are very good. But I didn’t realise that they do NOT include ALL the aires. We were planning our route last night and found Camper Contact very useful and lots on their that are not in the All the Aires books.
Exactly what I found, I still like looking through the books though, but am getting used to relying on three apps that are generally available.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It should be callelled 'Not All the Aires' ---- Camper Contact on your SatNav is all you need

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
To be fair to 'all the aires' - they seem to rely on people notifying them of aires they are unawaire of ( see whar i did there ..
Lol) i think the books are worthwhile BUT i certainly wouldnt get new ones. Aa others have suggested in numerous threads, apps are the new guidebooks ..

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
‘All the Aires’ is quite handy, we run it alongside others that we use inc the French version and a couple of internet sites/forums.

OP
OP
B
Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
Vicarious don’t have it at the moment anyone know why

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
A few years ago they had the market to themselves. With the development of apps, like Camper Contact, they have fallen behind the times.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
£5 for the Camper contact app (y)(y) And it's updated regular.
Nice to have a book BUT as soon as you receive it, it's months out of date.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
park4night or searchforsites is all you need for free, take you to the gate.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I think there's a place for both the book and the apps. I do like the books, it's a major achievement to get all those facts together and go to print, but as was said when you get the books they are already out of date. I just wonder why they haven't run their own online app rather like the others, with the books also available for those who want both. This would of course reduce the book sales, but the extra online income would make up the total income. All the aires is really just a name, not a claim. The aires are changing almost daily, even the online apps are not up to date.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I think there's a place for both the book and the apps. I do like the books, it's a major achievement to get all those facts together and go to print, but as was said when you get the books they are already out of date. I just wonder why they haven't run their own online app rather like the others, with the books also available for those who want both. This would of course reduce the book sales, but the extra online income would make up the total income. All the aires is really just a name, not a claim. The aires are changing almost daily, even the online apps are not up to date.

Yes,I agree.
Well almost,but they repeat their claim on page 3:
“Every Aire,Everywhere”
Clearly not true,therefore a lie,therefore unacceptable.

My experience is that it is better to under promise and over deliver, rather than over promise and under deliver.

(y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We use All the Aires, though their reviews of individual aires are quite subjective and we find it best to take them with a pinch of salt.
Also, many of the pictures seem to be taken with an Estate Agents eye, and bear little resemblance to what you find when you get there.

And of course, some reviews away from main routes are years out of date.

Other than that, it’s a useful book!

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We used the aires books all the time but now we have good mobile internet we hardly ever use them , camper contact and search for sites are the ones we use

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are off to France for the whole of May and I have found All the Aires very useful. I also have the Camper Contact app which I use as a backup. Personally, i like to use the book for reference and I tend to trust what they have written.

Paul

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Camper Contact and ACSI apps are all we use. Really like the up to date feedback from other travellers that you get with Camper Contact about each stopping place.

Mick

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
Which ACSI app, they have 2, Camping Card ACSI sites and ACSI Campsites! Both made by ACSI. Which is best and what's the difference?

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Which ACSI app, they have 2, Camping Card ACSI sites and ACSI Campsites! Both made by ACSI. Which is best and what's the difference?

The one we use is titled "Camping Card ACSI" and no idea what the difference is with the other one :)

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back