Aldi Halogen air fryer --anyone had any success with one ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Mrs just bought one of the Halogen ovens on sale at Aldi and cant work out times/temp for things like potatoes/veg etc.Have the h/book but its very vague on info. Any info greatly received as got no ckr at mo as refitting kitchen out.Potatoes came out hard and burnt even covered with foil to stop burning. Sprout
. hard /cabbage .Not giving up but a bit of experience would help .

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Almost tempted when I saw a Salter 3.5 litre Air Fryer in "The Original Factory shop" under £50 , then common sense prevailed.
Maureen was all keen, but when I told her she'd have to get rid of stuff we haven't used for yonks, ie the Halogen Oven, 2 of the the 3 Slow Cookers, and stuff of like ilk!!!!! she backed off. When we got home she told me that she was going for a REMOSKA as it was better buy anyway:doh::doh::laughing::laughing:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Temp and times should be similar to using a normal oven. Mine certainly is.

ianthebuilder had one. He might have some ideas although not sure he still has it.

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
As far as I'm concerned an Air Fryer and a Halogen Oven are two entirely different bits of kit :unsure:.

vCJBY3QaqrtTve1cpPYaRuaPYKsdlPryH9LjTdUzHX8.jpg
Air Fryer

Halogen-Air-Fryer-A.jpg
Halogen Oven

I have both and they're both great at doing what they're designed to do.
I wouldn't try to fry a piece of meat in the Halogen or bake a spud in the Fryer.
I wouldn't attempt sprouts in either o_O!
Both have temperature control & timer.

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Off subject a bit but you can do fantastic roasted potatoes in an air fryer, just need to boil them for 5 mins first then coat in oil and cook in air fryer for 20-30 mins. Similar method to a domestic oven.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
As far as I'm concerned an Air Fryer and a Halogen Oven are two entirely different bits of kit :unsure:.

Air Fryer

Halogen-Air-Fryer-A.jpg
Halogen Oven

I wouldn't try to fry a piece of meat in the Halogen or bake a spud in the Fryer.
We do a roast duck in the halogen oven, it's great because it goes in the dishwasher afterwards. Do chips in the air fryer they're great too.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years

Air Fryer

Halogen-Air-Fryer-A.jpg
Halogen Oven

Its from Aldi and its a Halogen Air Fryer as in your bottom photo.Have successfully doe a steak in it .

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Our air fryer (not from Aldi) is in effect a halogen rotisserie fan oven. It is very effective cooking all manner of things. We got it because it uses less fat.

Two negatives. If used in the van the fan is noisy and even though it uses little fat the fan makes sure the van smells of it.

We used it in the pop-up so could still hear the tv and van didn't smell.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We have an air fryer that's totally different to the one in the picture. The spuds / chips / whatever are in a flat pan with an arm that sweeps them around and causes them to tumble. Heat is from a fan heater type arrangement that blows (very) hot air down onto the pan. It makes brilliant chips & roasties (and other stuff she puts in apparently). A second pan stacks onto the chip pan & gets the benefit of the fans heat so you can cook fish 'n' chips at the same time. The upper pan doesn't have the sweeping / tumbling arm.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
My halogen has a rotating basket for the chips. It's also got metal skewers to cook kebabs on, that also rotates. Can also do a rotisserie chicken or a boneless joint.

The thing I dislike about it is the light keep coming on and off!

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back