Alde heating problem (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
Thanks for posting this. Particularly the solution. We have all been there. The learning curve is steep but there are always knowledgeable people on here willing to help.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
I’ll check the amp monitor setting, but the electric icon was lit and we were only set at 2KW on a 16A EHU with no appliances other than the fridge being used.
Why set to 2kw? The Alde system does that itself when it nears set temperature. We don't use day and night settings since we are there at night just reduce the temperature to suit the conditions. When there is only 10amps available our system copes very well whatever the weather.
Should have read your last post.

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
We don’t have an amp monitor installed. I didn’t know that then. The Alde system seems very capable at adjusting current usage dynamically and only using the minimum required, even if set to 3KW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Just as an aside, I have a Truma Aquatherm in my van, this was a short lived amalgamation between Aldi using their radiators, pipework and expansion tank with a Truma boiler, even when external temperatures are down to zero I don't need to set it to 2 Kwh's, 1Kwh is sufficient to keep the interior around 23⁰C does anyone with the same system experience the same or am I just lucky?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just as an aside, I have a Truma Aquatherm in my van, this was a short lived amalgamation between Aldi using their radiators, pipework and expansion tank with a Truma boiler, even when external temperatures are down to zero I don't need to set it to 2 Kwh's, 1Kwh is sufficient to keep the interior around 23⁰C does anyone with the same system experience the same or am I just lucky?
I think it depends
On size can and insulation plenty
Will be better and worse

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The saga continued with an embarrassing outcome……!

After following the instructions from Alde support and rebooting the system, I set up the temperature to 17 degrees overnight (not using night mode) and hoped that it would be working well the next morning.

Nope!

Indoor temperature was 15 degrees, so it hadn’t maintained the temperature over night, again. Following the next part of the instructions from Alde support, I then carefully took off the Alde panel cover, undid the retaining screws and took out the panel to see if a cable was connected to the JP3 port from the adria control panel.

There wasn’t a cable so I put it all back together again and thought about phoning the dealer to log a warranty claim to get the error investigated.

Then it dawned on us that I was turning the control panel off at night, not realising that it also turned off the heating system!! We hadn’t been told about that and assumed that the panel on/off switch just controlled the panel and not the entire system.

So last night I kept the panel turned on, but dimmed as low as possible, and this morning the indoor temperature was exactly at the temp I had set in the evening. It worked perfectly!

This explained why temperature control was working during the day, but not at night.

The system is working fine, shame about the user though!

How embarrassing to have jumped through all these hoops, but we’ve only had this van for four days, and I guess our handover wasn’t as comprehensive as it should have been.

Thanks, everyone, for all your help and advice.
Good on you for owning up and updating us ;) pleased you are sorted.

Jun 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Glad its sorted and great letting us know. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back