Alarm Systems for MOHO (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
About to get a MH
Exp
I’m a newbie
I have a bit of a dilema and am looking some advice on alarm systems. As a newbie I purchased a new MOHO in August, at that time to support insurance requirements I had a Tracker System fitted which appears to be a good job with the phone App etc. Move on 2 months and with a little bit more knowledge I realise I need to fit some sort of alarm system. My limited research which gets me more confused, the more I read keeps ending with either “Vanbitz” or “Outsmart the Thief” as the GOTO systems for a MOHO. My questions are:

What are the characteristics which makes one system standout more than the other or is it just personal preference?

Can the Tracker I have already fitted be used? or do I have to cut my losses and cancel the existing contract?

I think from my limited information that the Vanbitz can be fitted in parallel with existing Tracker, Whilst OTF has it own Tracker. Is that correct?

I have dealership for both systems close to me but each one will push their own product hence my questions here.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So what tracker do you have fitted already?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Truthfully cut your losses with the Tracker and consider it a condition of insurance. All tracking systems can be easily jammed and rendered useless including ours.

Anyone that tells you any different is lying

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Had 3 mini diggers stolen over the years all with Trackers, never recovered any of them.
Last machine was spotted tracking up into a horse box parked up on dual carriageway in Basingstoke on a Sunday morning!!

Just waiting for my new van to be registered then I have to have an alarm and tracker fitted☹️

OP
OP
T
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
About to get a MH
Exp
I’m a newbie
So keep the existing Tracker (I think that is what your saying) and get an Alarm system fitted in parallel? Is there a particular Vanbitz system that you recommend?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
So keep the existing Tracker (I think that is what your saying) and get an Alarm system fitted in parallel? Is there a particular Vanbitz system that you recommend?
Yes, keep the tracker that you have already bought and paid for, when all said and done they are all pretty much of a muchness. If there is a difference it's in the monitoring centres and back up. We know of "tracking systems" you phone one number and they answer "Sales" and the other number they answer "monitoring centre" and look your position up on their smart phone lol!

Regarding alarms, we only work on motorhomes, we don't offer a car, truck, bus or caravan service, and we have our own alarm system which is Strikeback. We have our Strikeback Growler which is Strikeback with all of the popular options all included in one package.

OP
OP
T
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
About to get a MH
Exp
I’m a newbie
Will give you a phone call for a chat

OP
OP
T
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
About to get a MH
Exp
I’m a newbie
Eddie it's a pity you don't have any agent to install here in Northern Ireland. Looks a great system. Somerset is along trip for me.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie it's a pity you don't have any agent to install here in Northern Ireland. Looks a great system. Somerset is along trip for me.
We used to have agents all around the Country. Sadly they would take the money, cut corners and not deliver the level of customer service we, and our customers expect

OP
OP
T
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
About to get a MH
Exp
I’m a newbie
We used to have agents all around the Country. Sadly they would take the money, cut corners and not deliver the level of customer service we, and our customers expect
Totally understand

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back