Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Can anyone help with this one? Which 2 cores are the correct connections for the CANBUS (high/Low) at the OBDII port?

I have a 2019 (built) Peugeot Boxer II MH with, of course, CANBUS wiring. I'm installing an alarm and need to complete the job with the final connections to the critical parts including the CANBUS. The alarm, a Vodafone/Cobra A4615ADR Cat 2-1 upgrade, comes with instructions including vehicle specific details and photos, which sadly are based on a LHD vehicle, ambiguous and incorrect. This suggests Pins 1 & 9 with Black/Orange and White/Orange (whereas usual convention would generally be Pins 6 & 14) but the colours don't match the vehicle which has Blue on Pin 1 and White on Pin 9. Photo attached, with Pins 1&9 closest to the camera.

The colours don't match either for picking up the flasher connections, but that's another story.

I've raised the query with the supplier (who has referred it on to Vodafone) but I'd like to get the job completed if anyone has had this before on a late model Boxer. Or even a wiring diagram?

Attachments

• OBD Pins 1&2.jpg
    OBD Pins 1&2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 51
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Sorry I cant help, but did you know that insurance companies usually require the Thatham approved installers certificate to be sent to them when you take out insurance.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wannabee

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
Sorry I cant help, but did you know that insurance companies usually require the Thatham approved installers certificate to be sent to them when you take out insurance.
Thanks, this isn't to appease the insurance company just to add to security.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Boxer L3H2
Pins 6 and 14 were the pins used for the CANBUS when I fitted cruise control to our Peugeot Boxer.

Actually came here for the CanBus info but also interested in fitting cruise control. Would you mind telling me which one you went for and whether it's any good?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Actually came here for the CanBus info but also interested in fitting cruise control. Would you mind telling me which one you went for and whether it's any good?
This is the one I fitted and works very well.

https://www.ncs-systems.com/car-ele...ise-control/precision-cruise-fiat-ducato.html

It's an easy fit as the throttle on the X250 vans is "fly by wire" and down near the pedals is a connector for the fly by wire that you part and fit the supplied wiring loom in between.
3 connections from the loom connect to the back of the OBD socket to pick up the power and the CanBus.
You remove the cowling around the indicator and wiper stalks and fit the new supplied stalk below the indicator stalk and plug that into the loom.
Refit the cowl and follow the setup for either a van with gears or an automatic, job done. (y)
All the cabling is behind paneling and out of sight.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wannabee

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
Pins 1&9 are also CANBUS 2 connections and were used for my alarm. Obviously you need to use whatever your instructions suggest. I found some alternative wiring details for mine which suggested ignoring the wire colours which are variable across years but sticking to the pin numbers.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Boxer L3H2
This is the one I fitted and works very well.

https://www.ncs-systems.com/car-ele...ise-control/precision-cruise-fiat-ducato.html

It's an easy fit as the throttle on the X250 vans is "fly by wire" and down near the pedals is a connector for the fly by wire that you part and fit the supplied wiring loom in between.
3 connections from the loom connect to the back of the OBD socket to pick up the power and the CanBus.
You remove the cowling around the indicator and wiper stalks and fit the new supplied stalk below the indicator stalk and plug that into the loom.
Refit the cowl and follow the setup for either a van with gears or an automatic, job done. (y)
All the cabling is behind paneling and out of sight.

Cool thanks for the info. I fitted cruise to my Berlingo and that was just buying the Citroen stalk, plugging it into the steering column and enabling cruise via the diagnostics software. It cost me like £30 for the stalk.

I was kinda hoping I could do something similar on the Boxer but I can only find the Peugeot steering column parts for about £250.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back