Alarm and tracker (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Any advice please on alarm system that is hard wired and garage doors hardwired, has to be accepted by Comfort insurance and tracker that would be accepted category 6 I think alarm category 1
Thanks for any advice

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Thanks I have heard of their great reputation, I just don’t know if comfort insurance accept them x
Fire off an email and they will give you all the help and advice you need…….I’m not on any commission by the way. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Another for VanBitz. Cat1 certification for insurance also the best you can get
Thanks I am googling as we speak , no prices on website I will have to ring , does he do tracker system as well, this will be the third set I have to purchase, expensive do changing Motorhome

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Thanks I am googling as we speak , no prices on website I will have to ring , does he do tracker system as well, this will be the third set I have to purchase, expensive do changing Motorhome
It’s better than a tracker, meta track non start so you can mobilize the ignition via the mobile app. Very easy and you can see where the van is, system voltage etc

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Prices and info are in the link, I've just booked mine in for a Growler and non starter, the prices in the link do not include the non starter which is also a tracker, that is an additional £499 before discount, you have to ask for the discount when you book it in otherwise you won't get it, do a search for discounts on here to get the discount code. The earliest they could get me in was the 29th June so if you decide to go with them then book sooner rather then later. If anything is not clear to you in the link then ring them up, they will explain everything to you and know what will be required by Comfort, they are very helpful.

Info for the non starter below. But be aware it is not approved by insurance companies as a tracker as it is self monitored, for insurance purposes you would need the monitored tracker that they can supply.

Info on the monitored tracker below.

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The prices are on the alarm PDF on the Motorhome security menu

if you give the guys in the office a call they can advise you better, with a little more specific information

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Where does one find the current Funster discount code for Vanbitz please? I have found one from a 2008 post but not sure if that is still supposed to be in use .... or is this still the active code? :unsure:

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Where does one find the current Funster discount code for Vanbitz please? I have found one from a 2008 post but not sure if that is still supposed to be in use .... 22112003 ..... or is this still the active code? :unsure:
I just gave them a call. (y)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Also, try NFU insurance. They seem to be happy to insure without trackers and alarms at a reasonable price... I'm still booked in to get the full kit from VanBitz though.

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Pretty sure it is the one I have found from the 2008 thread post. I have now discovered the "Discount" forum too :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So did I, but they asked me to quote the code off of the forum ... :rolleyes: Still searching .... :active:
You can find any discount codes we have here

If you ever have similar questions about the site, you’ll find answers here. Just start typing your enquiry and answers will appear by the time you've typed the 4th letter. Try it with the word DISCOUNT. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/support/ (y)

You can reach the support page from the Website Help Menu item Top Right.

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Also, try NFU insurance. They seem to be happy to insure without trackers and alarms at a reasonable price... I'm still booked in to get the full kit from VanBitz though.
Agreed, NFU gave me a cracking premium price and was only asking for a Thatcham level 2 immobiliser to be installed, which I have subsequently been told is covered by the default FIAT electronics install. Still going for the full monty Growler and No-Start though (plus sleeping in it as often as possible too!)

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Anything from Vanbitz does exactly what it says on the tin and in my experience gives years of trouble free service. Money well spent for peace of mind.
James
Definitely decided to go there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back