AL-KO chassis airbag fitting (1 Viewer)

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Hi all,
I'm looking at getting airbags fitted on the rear of my Hymer T588SL Ducato with an AL-KO chassis as I seem to be over the weight limit of the rear axle :think: so need to get it up plated.
Does anyone have any links to video's showing how hard it is to do myself? I've had a look but can only find axles with normal springs fitted. Do you have to drill the chassis to fit the brackets or do they utilise existing holes?
Has anyone done it themselves and is it worth trying to save £500 or so for the fitting?
Also there also seem to be about 10 different kits and several companies available!!

cheers
Chris

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can't fit air bags to an Al-Ko chassis it has torsion bar suspension you have to fit a semi air kit. It's about £2500 fitted.
There is only one self fit kit available from Dunlop it's about £1500, you need to know what you are doing to fit it.

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
You can't fit air bags to an Al-Ko chassis it has torsion bar suspension you have to fit a semi air kit. It's about £2500 fitted.
There is only one self fit kit available from Dunlop it's about £1500, you need to know what you are doing to fit it.
Sorry I thought the semi air kits have airbags as well, what is the difference?
I thought the AL-KO chassis just needed brackets fastening to the chassis & then it was basically the same system?
The quotes to fit are between £2050 and £2350 but about £500 less for the kit so just trying to find how much work is involved!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back