Aires in France (1 Viewer)

L

les1

Deleted User
Dear All

I am planning a trip to Normandy Loire Atlantic Brittany I would like to know of any SAFE and good location Aires in this area.

Thanks to any one who replies

les1

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Stay away from Motorway Aires. Simple village or small town Aires are the best bet, or have a look at "France Passion" these are Vineyards and farms who give over a plot of land for 2 or 3 Motorhomes for overnight stays. however you have to be a member displaying the current year sticker which you get when you buy the "France Passion.

Motorhome &amp caravan books, guides and maps, Go Motorhoming Europe, All the Aires, Camperstop Europe, France Passion, campsite guides, full-timing the facts, Aires and stopovers guides

best £21 you ever spend, and you getdiscount been a member of this club.
Go on you know it makes sense.:ROFLMAO:

Don

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
get yourself a copy of aires de camping car andn perhaps all the aires in english from vicrious books. As suggested look to use small town/village aires to see real country france.
I am sure having been several times ourselves to France you will enjoy it if you take some simple measures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Our advice has always been in line with that from Gonewiththewind - stay away from motorway Aires. We have a couple on site now who are en route from Spain to the UK in an RV, they stopped on an Aire alongside a French and an English motorhome, both of which were broken into that night. The English man even had his trousers stolen, presumably in the hope that his wallet was in them! The French couple called the gendarmes, but the thieves were well away.

Always use your security system, and if you do not have one, get one! If you have two front doors, put a chain and padlock between them so that neither can be opened from outside.

France is a low-risk area generally, particularly in the country areas, so enjoy your stay here - there is much that is beautiful and worth finding.

Bob and Di

2escapees

Deleted User
If your near Angers the aire at Briollay is very good!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back