Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Hi All,i recently posted that because my motorhome required a MOT i had to pick it up from storage and take it to have a service and MOT,however when i went to start it after the engine started on the first turn it was like blackpool illuminations air bag light on,passenger air bag light on,engine management light on, i have a OBD reader couldn,t turn them off,so it went to the garage and they serviced it along with the MOT.
When i went to pick it up they had turned off all the lights except the air bag lights,cost £367 and advised me i needed to go to a Peaugot main dealer,luckily a friend of mine who works for a main dealer came round to see if he could sort it out and plugged into the OBD port and said code BO100 showed and it would be mega bucks because apparently there is a ECU unit near the clutch pedal that controls the airbag and its faulty.
I decided to send the unit to a company that repairs these units with no fix no charge garantee,well i got it back and it still didn,t work,so i landed up buying a new ECU unit for the airbag,OUCH i got it trade price £311 inc VAT via my mate and put it in the vehicle,still didn,t work,then i found out it has to go to PEAUGOT for the unit to be cloned to the vehicle,thank God to my mate he done it for me,PEAUGOT wanted £110 to do it
UPDATE all is well,lights out,but what a blooming expensive week

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi All,i recently posted that because my motorhome required a MOT i had to pick it up from storage and take it to have a service and MOT,however when i went to start it after the engine started on the first turn it was like blackpool illuminations air bag light on,passenger air bag light on,engine management light on, i have a OBD reader couldn,t turn them off,so it went to the garage and they serviced it along with the MOT.
When i went to pick it up they had turned off all the lights except the air bag lights,cost £367 and advised me i needed to go to a Peaugot main dealer,luckily a friend of mine who works for a main dealer came round to see if he could sort it out and plugged into the OBD port and said code BO100 showed and it would be mega bucks because apparently there is a ECU unit near the clutch pedal that controls the airbag and its faulty.
I decided to send the unit to a company that repairs these units with no fix no charge garantee,well i got it back and it still didn,t work,so i landed up buying a new ECU unit for the airbag,OUCH i got it trade price £311 inc VAT via my mate and put it in the vehicle,still didn,t work,then i found out it has to go to PEAUGOT for the unit to be cloned to the vehicle,thank God to my mate he done it for me,PEAUGOT wanted £110 to do it
UPDATE all is well,lights out,but what a blooming expensive week
Who did you send it to?
Crashdata, who are trade members on here sorted our B0100 (I think) for around £75-80 with a couple of days turnaround. I'm pretty certain if they can't repair they can supply a new one already registered to the vehicle with the code off the faulty one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bluethunder

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Who did you send it to?
Crashdata, who are trade members on here sorted our B0100 (I think) for around £75-80 with a couple of days turnaround. I'm pretty certain if they can't repair they can supply a new one already registered to the vehicle with the code off the faulty one.
I sent it to ECU Doctor,Widnes,when i spoke to Crashdata they said that a new one would cost about £270

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I sent it to ECU Doctor,Widnes,when i spoke to Crashdata they said that a new one would cost about £270
Did Crashdata say they couldn't fix it?
They fixed mine with all the following error codes -
  • U1703
  • B0106
  • B0107
  • B0104
  • B0103
  • B0127
  • B0100
They were also cost effective for a replacement unit if it was required.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Airbag ECU is a weak point. I've just had mine fixed by Crashdata for £78. Driven it once, so far so good, airbag light stayed off but I don't feel confident that it won't happen again. Also it is a hassle I can do without.

If the Airbag SRS/ECU module goes inop, I assume that means the airbags and seatbelt tensioners won't work properly if you have a crash. Presumably, that's why the light staying on is a MOT fail item.

Therefore, being a common problem that is safety-related, it is high time that VOSA forced FIAT to do a recall and replace the current module with one that is not so voltage-sensitive, throwing a hissy fit and going inop if you haven't driven the MH recently. Not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
Bluethunder

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Airbag ECU is a weak point. I've just had mine fixed by Crashdata for £78. Driven it once, so far so good, airbag light stayed off but I don't feel confident that it won't happen again. Also it is a hassle I can do without.

If the Airbag SRS/ECU module goes inop, I assume that means the airbags and seatbelt tensioners won't work properly if you have a crash. Presumably, that's why the light staying on is a MOT fail item.

Therefore, being a common problem that is safety-related, it is high time that VOSA forced FIAT to do a recall and replace the current module with one that is not so voltage-sensitive, throwing a hissy fit and going inop if you haven't driven the MH recently. Not fit for purpose.
I just got to the point where no matter what the cost i had enough

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back