Air awning (1 Viewer)

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Hi members,any ideas please on which air awning?l have a benimar benivan 122 2019 and there isn't a wind out or any rail in place . I've seen the magnetic attachment which looks impressive but requires quite a lot of time with arms reaching up to thread up.l have a restriction to that so may be a bit of a problem. Any other suggestions please, thanks 😊 🙏

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
I've a rather large Kampa drive away 400 air awning that I attach using the wind-out canopy rail, obviously a bit too big for your purposes and wrong fitting. However, mine has, as well as, I think, most other Kampa drive away air awnings an alternative strap system, that you throw two or three straps over the roof of the van. I've never used our straps, but if they are of interest to you, there are a few videos on YouTube some, I think. produced by Attwoods.

OP
OP
B

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Thanks for information we're wanting to use as a free standing awning mostly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Fixing to wind out awning rail is easiest

You could get an awning strip fitted easily to the benivan . if you do use straps , most people put tennis balls on them to chuck over, also watch out for wind scratching the roof with the straps the air awnings are strong but flex in the wind , you can put foam rollers like plumbing foam on the straps to alleviate this. We have a Galli air and a smaller driveaway, over the years we’ve worked out its easier to hook the ‘driveaway’ part of the awning over a fixed rollout awning ( appreciate you havent one) by threading elastic through . Now we often dont bother with connecting it , as you say just freestanding, sometimes the connector bit is more aggro than its worth.
I think I’ve just hi jacked despicables name above, god knows how....🤦🏼‍♂️Operator error Sorry

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Also called a Divorce Tent
GetImage.jpeg

Don't forget to factor in the cost of a marriage guidance counsellor and divorce lawyer.
download.jpeg

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
One thing I know stay clear Ofoutdoor revolution make
Their zips are useless and I don’t guarantee it cost me 170 quid to get repaired and it was only a year old rang them out and they said they don’t cover zips which makes 50% of their awnings so the guarantee is useless

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Their zips are useless and I don’t guarantee it cost me 170 quid to get repaired and it was only a year old rang them out and they said they don’t cover zips which makes 50% of their awnings so the guarantee is useless
I agree with you. I bought one from a funster a few months old after they used it once and when I pumped it up as per the instructions one bladder exploded. They said it wasn’t under guarantee because I was not the purchaser and I must have over inflated it.
After a letter threatening them in small claims court they sent me a new bladder which had an extra valve built in. They obviously had problems with old type bladders.
I wouldn’t touch any of their products.

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I agree with you. I bought one from a funster a few months old after they used it once and when I pumped it up as per the instructions one bladder exploded. They said it wasn’t under guarantee because I was not the purchaser and I must have over inflated it.
After a letter threatening them in small claims court they sent me a new bladder which had an extra valve built in. They obviously had problems with old type bladders.
I wouldn’t touch any of their products.
I know when I spoke to them they said They never get any returns on the guarantee I said I’m not surprised because you don’t cover nothing and he couldn’t say nothing to me

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Our Vango Galli 2 has been good , like a little bungalow, great fun getting it in the bag...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Things to watch for when buying a drive away awning that you want to use up close and personal with your PVC/MH is the angle and height of the adjoining tunnel, some may go up to the height you need but have quite an acute angle down to the main awning structure thus meaning you can't open the sliding door without it hitting the awning tunnel roof, you also need to make sure that it is wide enough to allow the door to be slid open as well - when we had ones for our PVCs we tried a 2.4m wide one but it was too narrow so the door couldn't be slid fully open so I'd suggest at least 2.7m or 3m wide to be safe.

If you are considering an air awning be aware that they can be an absolute s*d to deflate and get back into their bags, are heavy too as everything is attached and also are quite large when packed so you need to think of where you'll be able to store it when not in use, whereas with 'pole' ones you can easily fold the cover and pack the poles in the bag, also if needs be you can store the poles and cover separately.

NB: We've had many Outdoor Revolution awnings over the years and never had any issues with them at all and found that they were usually made much better than many other makes.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
To add to Minxy girls comment, the main thing to watch for is when you are packing the awning away do not leave a broom in it, which then breaks as you roll it up and rips the awning... who would do that?
😩🤦🏼‍♂️

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are looking at an awning at the moment - we want a drive away that we can sleep our two dogs in (with the motorhome door open). I have been talking to Darren at Awning Ace ltd who has been really helpful - he can offer suggestions for every type of connection. Just waiting to get our motorhome back (the clutch went on the way home from Slapton sands) because we need to measure the distance between the top of the door and the awning rail to make sure it will open ok

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
We are looking at an awning at the moment - we want a drive away that we can sleep our two dogs in (with the motorhome door open). I have been talking to Darren at Awning Ace ltd who has been really helpful - he can offer suggestions for every type of connection. Just waiting to get our motorhome back (the clutch went on the way home from Slapton sands) because we need to measure the distance between the top of the door and the awning rail to make sure it will open ok
Harrietliberty do you cage your dogs at night? Reason being is that our full Kampa 400 drive-away Ace Air Awning is not dog-escape proof.

Oct 16, 2020
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1999 now on own Widow
Hi members,any ideas please on which air awning?l have a benimar benivan 122 2019 and there isn't a wind out or any rail in place . I've seen the magnetic attachment which looks impressive but requires quite a lot of time with arms reaching up to thread up.l have a restriction to that so may be a bit of a problem. Any other suggestions please, thanks 😊 🙏
Hi
I use an air awning my husband fitted an caravan awning rail to the Motorhome was easy to fit and works well.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
That’s the same as the one I have in the classifieds. It’s really good just doesn’t work for us on our new van
We pretty much only use ours for longer stays, mainly abroad ( 😩) .. it works as a sort of ‘second home’ , especially if we take the van out for a day , the Galli is a nice bit of kit , but not for us for quick stays

OP
OP
B

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Can you tell me if your outdoor revolution was an oxygen micro duo??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back