AIB and Highway Insurance - windscreen cover (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I've just had my insurance renewal quote from my current insurer - Caravan Guard, and the premium has increased by £30, to £306, so I thought I'd get another quote. It's a 2009 Ducato based C-Class.

I contacted AIB and they provided me with a quote with Highway (Part of LV Group) that was £46 cheaper.

HOWEVER - The windscreencover is limited to a claim of £500.

I just phoned Autoglass,and they said their cost to replace the windscreen would be £775!

I will be giving Highway a miss!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I've just had my insurance renewal quote from my current insurer - Caravan Guard, and the premium has increased by £30, to £306, so I thought I'd get another quote. It's a 2009 Ducato based C-Class.

I contacted AIB and they provided me with a quote with Highway (Part of LV Group) that was £46 cheaper.

HOWEVER - The windscreencover is limited to a claim of £500.

I just phoned Autoglass,and they said their cost to replace the windscreen would be £775!

I will be giving Highway a miss!
I just made a claim with Adrian Flux , via Kinetic Highway is this the same company, noted my w\screen limit is £1000.
Just awaiting the fitter to call. the company is Auto windscreen.
1634050490482.jpeg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
When we went from C class to A class we were given a very competitive quote from AIB (they were our extant provider)
However, thanks to you good folks on here, I had the good knowledge to ask what the screen cover was on the quote offered.
The cover was in hundreds of Pounds when I knew it should be measured in thousands.
Lessons learned thanks to MHF.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
From your avatar you have a normal van rather than an A class, if so I have just had my windscreen replaced on my 2012 Boxer for £192. I did not bother going through the insurance as you have to put it down as a claim so over 5 years I don’t think that I will lose out as the excess was £95 anyway.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
So many variables that are impossible to equate here.
Location, history, vehicle type, parking location, claim history,claim cost for your vehicle, etc etc
Only you can make the decision in my view as mine is not relevant to your needs, or desires.
My only comment that I may be bold to make is: those very nice people at the end of a phone or computer screen, are in business not your friends. You only find out from research and taking a business cold hearted and detached approach.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Think you'll find Highway is L&V cover provided by 3rd parties, eg AIB.

If you go direct to L&V you get a very competitive quote with windscreen cover up to the market value of the vehicle. They work on market value of the vehicle in respect to total loss.

Hence if you're getting a quote make sure you mention all accessories fitted and your considered valuation of the vehicle.
Ask about cover for all the extras.
Write down tele sales agents name and time and date of call.

If you mention everything its recorded.

Seems L&V have MH policy that isnt published and cant have a copy of, hence ask the questions and mention everything.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I knew responding to this thread would end in tears.

This afternoon I swatted a mossie inside the car.

The mossie got away but the windscreen didn't like it and cracked.

The bill will be in the region of £215 but, after checking my car policy, I won't be claiming.

The vans insurance is due next month. I don't want to give them any chance whatsoever to load my premium.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Ask them to quote using Markerstudy, unlimited windscreen cover.
But I guess there's a reason they used Highway for you ? so maybe no good.
Before using Markerstudy I suggest you look at the feedback on Trustpilot. They are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with and will do everything in their power to avoid paying out. I had my BMW motorcycle stolen from inside my garage at home on 29/02/2020. They are refusing to pay out on the grounds of they don’t believe me. Now with the ombudsman who is just as slow.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Before using Markerstudy I suggest you look at the feedback on Trustpilot.
Yes, I'm aware of the bad reviews, but few Insurance Co's get good reviews as it's generally the disgruntled that make the effort to post a review.
Someone I know had excellent service from Markerstudy over a claim, so I'll just hope that if I need to claim, I'll get the same good service ?
None of us know how an ins co will treat us, we all just hope for the best (y)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I knew responding to this thread would end in tears.

This afternoon I swatted a mossie inside the car.

The mossie got away but the windscreen didn't like it and cracked.

The bill will be in the region of £215 but, after checking my car policy, I won't be claiming.

The vans insurance is due next month. I don't want to give them any chance whatsoever to load my premium.
Really, perhaps swap the cudgel for a fly swat, there just as effective with a fraction of the damage ;) :blusher: Happy hunting.
Mike.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
When we went from C class to A class we were given a very competitive quote from AIB (they were our extant provider)
However, thanks to you good folks on here, I had the good knowledge to ask what the screen cover was on the quote offered.
The cover was in hundreds of Pounds when I knew it should be measured in thousands.
Lessons learned thanks to MHF.
Three weeks ago we took out a policy with AIB - Aviva
Unlimited cover with Autoglass but 3k if you want to use somebody else

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Before using Markerstudy I suggest you look at the feedback on Trustpilot. They are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with and will do everything in their power to avoid paying out. I had my BMW motorcycle stolen from inside my garage at home on 29/02/2020. They are refusing to pay out on the grounds of they don’t believe me. Now with the ombudsman who is just as slow.
i refused a low quote from them after reading their feedback accepted a quote with lv through pete best insurance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back