Aerial Connection - Burstner Ixeo (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
Burstner Ixeo Control Panel.JPG
We recently purchased a used Burstner Ixeo 726. The previous owner had never had a TV installed. We are looking to install a TV but there doesn't appear to be an Aerial installed. There is definitely nothing on the roof and nothing in any of the storage lockers. I have noticed a connecter on the bottom left of the Control Panel (see picture) but am not sure what it is. Also, it's impossible to see if it is connected as there is no access to the back of the Control Panel.

There is a TV Bracket mounted on the Wall just below the Control Panel and the previous owners, who had the Van from new, advised it was fitted when they purchased the Van. Seems strange to fit a Mounting Bracket, 12v, 240v Supply Sockets and Connection Point in the vicinity of the Bracket but no Aerial. Does anyone know if Burstners have an Aerial Cable pre-installed that could be tucked away somewhere.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Looks like that’s where you plug the tv into, not sure on Burstner but if you don’t have an aerial on the roof maybe you just have an aerial connection point somewhere to plug into a fixed aerial on site or a free standing dish etc.

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My 2012 has both screw type and standard Ariel sockets but neither have been used by Ariel fitter. My Ariel cable goes to the amplifier and then to the TV. Burstner ones are not used.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
That is an "f" connection, normally used for satellite connections but can be used for regular Tv. Have a look around for an outdoor connection, amps in lockers etc to find the other end. Our van has an intergrated Tv aerial and I can't find it, suspect it is in the A Pillars. Maybe worth connecting a Tv and doing a scan?

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We are in the same position but are intending to buy a smart tv with wifi. We have the Vodafone 100gb per month £20 offer. So will just connect through internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have an IXEO and have an external flap which has a power outlet and an external connector for either satellite or if you get an adapter, a standard tv aerial connector.

OP
OP
B
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
Current intentions are to install a TV and try connecting it to the point on the underside of the Control Panel. If this doesn't work I'll try a portable Aerial (probably Avtex sth3000).

May ultimately have to bite the bullet and fit a roof mounted Aerial although have some reservations about this as there seems to be negative feedback about most of the commonly recommended units.

OP
OP
B
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
One other observation. I have the original Owners Manual for the Van, which is farly comprehensive, and it doesn't make any mention of an Aerial connection.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If you need a Avtex sth3000 I have one boxed in the garage I don’t plan on using.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The Germans use the F connector for their aerials. As it has one suspect it has an aerial built into the cab roof, there will probably be an amplifier as well.
If so to get it to work you will need to enable 5v antenna power on the TV to power the amplifier.
Don't bother asking dealers they haven't a clue.

OP
OP
B
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
The Germans use the F connector for their aerials. As it has one suspect it has an aerial built into the cab roof, there will probably be an amplifier as well.
If so to get it to work you will need to enable 5v antenna power on the TV to power the amplifier.
Don't bother asking dealers they haven't a clue.
Lenny, any idea where the amplifier could be located. I checked all the cupboards but nothing in there. Is it possible it could be behind the Control Panel, which would make it inaccessible.

Regarding the 5v output on the TV. Do all traveller focused TVs have that option?

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
The aerial itself can be amped and need a feed even if it is a little T bar job. As Lenny said most modern Tvs for M/H can power the aerial. If you are anywhere near me (north Brum) I am happy to put my "box" on it and see if it works .. or not. I recently purchased a Triax 64cm dish with fold up arm, quad lnb and a Tripod for less than £100 but that was "trade". You will need a good meter to align the dish so budget the same again to stop any divorce proceedings when it doesn't work ;-) Shout if you want me to test it for you FOC.

OP
OP
B
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
The aerial itself can be amped and need a feed even if it is a little T bar job. As Lenny said most modern Tvs for M/H can power the aerial. If you are anywhere near me (north Brum) I am happy to put my "box" on it and see if it works .. or not. I recently purchased a Triax 64cm dish with fold up arm, quad lnb and a Tripod for less than £100 but that was "trade". You will need a good meter to align the dish so budget the same again to stop any divorce proceedings when it doesn't work ;-) Shout if you want me to test it for you FOC.

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I'm a couple of hours away in the North East. Also away at present and not back in the UK until next week. I'll hook a TV up to the F connector first and if that doesn't work I'll try a stand alone Aerial.

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Can you expose the connections and simply look if there are wired up?

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
Hi, we also have a 726g and bought it new 3 yrs ago. We had to pay extra to the dealer to have an Ariel fitted as they do not come supplied with an Ariel if I remember correctly , so , you may not have one fitted at all. The connection shown in the picture is the same as ours but will only allow the Ariel to work if there’s one on the of !!
Cheers Phil

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Is there a cupboard above the fridge? If so at the back of that cupboard you can remove the rear panel (4 screws) which gives you access to all the cables, this is where our box of tv tricks was installed on our Nexxo T740.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back