PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Hello all,
Once we get the go ahead to travel, we are going to tour the UK.
Can fellow members help me plan where to stay.
I am wanting to know the best certified location sites that members can recommend.
Scotland, Wales, Norfolk, Derbyshire, Cumbria, Devon, Yorkshire are high on our agenda.
Many thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Best is of course a personal view so would not offer my suggestions to you.
To stay on a CL you will need to be a member of the CMC, likewise to stay on a CS a member of the C&CC, so unless you join both your choice is limited to either club.
Facilities vary greatly on CL/CS so be sure you have what you need before booking. Prices also vary greatly, some charge very little but some seem to think you owe them a living and charge a fortune.
We use https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ and have found it to be a good and useful guide but there are plenty more websites offering suggestions.
We have toured all of your planned places and love them all but for different reasons and seasons.
Get yourself a big map and plan where you would like to go and then use a campsite finder to find where to stay.
Enjoy your travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I think there are something like 5000 or more CLs and CSs so asking for recommendations is quite tough.
Reviews in the sites are your best bet.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Take a look at CL Booking Group on Facebook. (y)

Reactions: PMB
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Another vote for Celtic Camping near At David's;

Close to Crickhowell, Park Farm, Llangttock;

North Devon, Shelfin Farm, Mullacott Cross, Ilfracombe, Wollacombe;

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Another vote for CCC temporary holiday sites well worth you membership fee .
Also have a look at Haven holiday sites off season and when the kids are in school as there is a massive hike up of prices when they are off and bank holidays . I have 5 booked ( 3 rolled over from last years lockdown and a free £50 voucher in each ) All of the sites the local bus stop is outside and some have a stop inside the camp so no need to move the van. Example of the price difference i have 4 day break in Cornwall 25th April with a euro pitch (included passes electric and services on pitch) for just over £50 ,the following week its £122. A lot of the sites the local bus stop is outside and some have a stop inside the camp so no need to move the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back