Adult only (camping) sites (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
sorry a bit behind with the latest but are adults only, the sites where everyone takes their clothes off. opp5 so would not expect children to on site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
we often go to an adult only site and I can tell you its sheer bliss. no kids kicking balls no running round your pitch no screaming and no dogs chasing after them its heaven on earth.we do have grandchildren and we love em to bits but to get away from it all for a few weeks a year is something we look very much forward to.another point is no animals allowed on the site we go to .its a lovely site buried in the north Yorkshire country side near Harrogate untouched by modern day living. so long may these sites exist steve:thumb:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
Exp
im a newbie
sorry a bit behind with the latest but are adults only, the sites where everyone takes their clothes off. opp5 so would not expect children to on site.
no certainly not they are sites where people can go and have piece and tranquillity. your getting mixed up with a naturist camp.which is a different thing altogether.steve

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
Exp
im a newbie
adult sites

I would just like to point out that adult and animal free sites are not or have anything to do with naturism or hanky panky for want of a better word.they are sites that provide relaxation piece and tranquillity for like minded people like myself and sue.steve:RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I would just like to point out that adult and animal free sites are not or have anything to do with naturism or hanky panky for want of a better word.they are sites that provide relaxation piece and tranquillity for like minded people like myself and sue.steve:RollEyes:

You mean there not "Adult" Sites as in "Adult sites" with Pampas grass and Adult games to play?

You mean no "Balloon Games" where you pass the Balloon without dropping it whilst naked?
No Naked Twister?

Oh my vision has been spoilt Steve.. I shall stick with CL's and sites where I can watch kids enjoy themselves and help keep me young. :Cool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We choose either, but do dislike feral kids running around out of control, so I suppose we go for the adult only more than others. Depends on the site and the reviews - we always research where we are staying and make a choice based on that. The big "clubhouse type" of sites aren't high up on our list, though the Fun meet at Waldegraves was fairly unruly, feral kid free (something to do with the horizontal rain and floods - they must have all been on their X-boxes)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Some sites are adult only sites due to risk with water courses ponds cliffs etc and their public liability insurance would be too high if kids were allowed. Having said that we don't worry what site we go on but when we are on a adults only the peace is wonderful

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I guess its just horses for courses. When Cathy had the 2nd miscarriage we wanted to get away for a break and chose an adult only site for obvious reasons. I think in reality it is good there are so many choices to cater for so many preferences. Its not like there aren't enough campsites that take children

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
I think it depends to a degree on the mood of the moment . If we"ve had a busy working week , it can be a blessing at the weekend to nip off somewhere quiet just to recharge . Adult sites can offer this quiet place.

The big everything organised , club house type holiday sites dont appeal to us in the slightest.Not because of children being there , just generally the ongoing racket from all sides.

For the first time , this year we tried a couple of C&CC , THS places for weekends away, they were great . There were kids on the sites who had a good time playing around the places . but they ( and their parents ) were respectful of others on site . Maybe because THS users are possibly not the once a year for 2 weeks , let rip brigade ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You've probably hit the nail on the head haven't you?

Pete and his first wife 'went on holiday' in their caravan 52 weeks of the year when his daughters were young, by going on CC rallies. OK the majority of those were local weekend rallies, but the holidays were either CC holiday rallies or independently at CC or other campsites and CLs.

Misbehaviour just wasn't tolerated. And a great time was had by all.

And if you think naturism is synonymous with what you call 'hanky panky' I'd firstly ask where you think the blokes carry their keys and secondly comment that - although we've only been on one MHF rally, I observed there was just as much 'hanky panky' going on at that rally as I've ever seen on any naturist site I've ever been on.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Never seen or heard any hanky panky on any site that I've been on - this may not be unconnected to the fact that the site of a gorilla with a liking for ducks possibly puts everyone off the idea of any hanky panky with anyone at all..........:winky:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
So adult only sites dont involve bunches of keys then?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Got nothing against children, just parents who don't control them. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats with me and to a lot of children this seems to constitute a free petting zoo!. Including the dear child who insisted on throwing a ball for the dogs while they were both tied to the rear of the van! When I pointed out that this was not only unfair but the jerking of the tether leads had actually broken a piece of my vehicle he carried on doing it.
2 children insisted last week on dancing in a most bizarre way outside my vehicle, I presume because they thought it was entertaining the 2 dogs as they wagged their tails of course.

I have to exercise control over my animals, so parents should do the same with their children. The better brought up the child, the less control he/ she needs!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
No kids out of control, no blind Parents unable to see their little Darlings are nothing but illdisaplined F***wits that need a good cuff around the ear, No screaming, shreicking pampered dipsh**s that terrorise their Parents into submission

Adults Only Site = PEACE, CONTENTMENT, SERENITY, AHHHHH:thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

Pete and his first wife 'went on holiday' in their caravan 52 weeks of the year when his daughters were young, by going on CC rallies. OK the majority of those were local weekend rallies, but the holidays were either CC holiday rallies or independently at CC or other campsites and CLs.

And if you think naturism is synonymous with what you call 'hanky panky' I'd firstly ask where you think the blokes carry their keys and secondly comment that - although we've only been on one MHF rally, I observed there was just as much 'hanky panky' going on at that rally as I've ever seen on any naturist site I've ever been on.
think ive been missing the hanky panky at mhf meets can some one please point me in the right direction at lincoln

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

think ive been missing the hanky panky at mhf meets can some one please point me in the right direction at lincoln

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

That WAS the point - there wasn't ANY as far as I was aware!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

check on certain websites for a carpark near you where flashing headlights lead your way. allegedly of course:ROFLMAO:

Froggy

Free Member
Aug 5, 2013
Vereeniging, South Africa
Funster No
MH
Sprinter Campervan
Exp
3 (caravaning 30 years)
In South Africa there are not really any sites for adults only. I think there is only one small one that I know of.

There are a few (about 2%) that will allow small dogs on a leash.

I am use to kids running around and screaming. But cannot get use to small kids on plastic scooter very early in the mornings up and down on the paved roads between the vans. I hate that sound the plastic wheels make on the rough paving, while you still trying to sleep. I wish they will ban them or get rubber pump-up wheels.

Only my opinion.

It is nice to see kids kamping, they might be the new generation of kampers, because they are gettig less by the year in South Africa. Young people do not want to camp any more. They say its for old people.

Keep on camping

Harry

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
Having done the family/child friendly sites we now prefer Adult Only sites. Maybe that will change when the grandkids arrive but they are way off currently. tbh I don't have a problem with kids but more with parents who devolve responsibility of their kids.
We stayed at a top dollar site in the Lake District over Easter weekend. We thought we'd take advantage of the "restaurant" and not the snack bar for a little relaxing meal. Little did we know that it was merely the maze for the kids to run around as their parents got tanked up in the bar.

As far as naturist sites are concerned, I have never seen any "hanky panky". We used several whilst in France and without exception they were the safest sites for our kids....period. We are members of a naturist club site in the UK and it, like most of the other UK Naturist sites is very family oriented.

Yes; there are one or two sites where more promiscuous activity occurs but you'll find they don't claim to be naturist. Equating naturism with unadulterated sex is something for postcards and small minds.

There are plenty sites all over to cater for everyone's needs. Live and let live.

btw our avatar picture is taken at Euronat. A naturist site in France with 2500 pitches.

Last edited:

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
I can understand both opinions, I do like the idea of an Adult only site but as my children are still at Primary school it will be some time before I get the chance to use them!
We camp throughout the year at THS & CL's and local DA weekend sites, in fact this weekend we are in Leicestershire on a specific Children's weekend themed as Harry Potter with fancy dress etc Treasure Hunts and so on, as a previous member said bad behaviour is not tolerated by the club so although we have fun there are strict limits as to what is acceptable by the children & dogs!
We don't usually go to big all singing all dancing sites as the behaviour of people is awful and it has been known that I or my Husband have gone out & told said feral kids & their parents in no uncertain terms just how unacceptable their behaviour is so we tend to stick to the C&CC.
Europe does seem much more tolerable of children and dogs, we rarely saw French children misbehaving unlike the brits, not sure what their secret is but we certainly felt more welcome as a family than some places in this country.

Definately horses for courses but also don't think that bad behaviour is acceptable and do something about it, not just twitch the curtain and moan lol!

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
Exp
im a newbie
caravan sites

one to avoid is the blue dolphin at filey when we went there the children are allowed to run round at any time of day or night no respect for other holiday makers dogs are just the same in fact I thought it was a ghetto.also when we pulled on and went to the reception to be located and pay I was going to pay with my visa card and was told they don't accept that method of payment but I could get cash from the machine in their shop at a fee .I thought it disgusting steve

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
........Europe does seem much more tolerable of children and dogs, we rarely saw French children misbehaving unlike the brits, not sure what their secret is but we certainly felt more welcome as a family than some places in this country......

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I can appreciate the point made by the OP regarding children; generally I like kids, and would find their presence on site something that should add to the holiday rather than detracting from it, but this does assume a reasonable standard of behaviour which we sadly do not seem to have in the UK - the same arguments apply to kids in pubs and restaurants, in Europe they are welcome and almost without exception well behaved, over here they're too often allowed to run riot. I'm not one to suffer in silence, and would be likely to end up remonstrating with the parents, with heaven knows what results given the readiness to resort to violence which seems to be a feature of the behaviour of what another poster has referred to as "f***wits"
Best avoided, for me, I'm afraid, so I'm very much in favour of adult only sites.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I can appreciate the point made by the OP regarding children; generally I like kids, and would find their presence on site something that should add to the holiday rather than detracting from it, but this does assume a reasonable standard of behaviour which we sadly do not seem to have in the UK - the same arguments apply to kids in [HI]pubs and restaurants[/HI], in Europe they are welcome and almost without exception well behaved, over here they're too often allowed to run riot. I'm not one to suffer in silence, and would be likely to end up remonstrating with the parents, with heaven knows what results given the readiness to resort to violence which seems to be a feature of the behaviour of what another poster has referred to as "f***wits"
Best avoided, for me, I'm afraid, so I'm very much in favour of adult only sites.

Saw this comment and it reminded me of this sign....

Attachments

• unnatended children.jpg
    unnatended children.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12

att

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Brand Spanking Newbie
Adult only sites that allow dogs.
We spend a fair time going to biker weekends in my MH and take the dog with us and they are noisy, rowdy and brilliant weekends.

When we are going for a quiet weekend or mid week break, we want peace & quiet and serenity, children are not in that equation:thumb:

The dog is well behaved and obedient, just as well, he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back