Adria supreme twin 640slb (1 Viewer)

D40

Free Member
Sep 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Anyone got any info on their weights on the adria 640 twins.
I've just ordered one with solar panel, auto gearbox, and habitation aircon and am concerned at keeping below 3500kg.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
My 640 SLB Supreme Manual had solar and 2 batteries, an awning and the big fridge
With 2 pax aboard and full of fuel and water, we scaled at 3350 kg, ready to rock and roll

OP
OP
D

D40

Free Member
Sep 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
My 640 SLB Supreme Manual had solar and 2 batteries, an awning and the big fridge
With 2 pax aboard and full of fuel and water, we scaled at 3350 kg, ready to rock and roll
Thanks for the reply. That's much better than I thought it was going to be, I also intend to fit a microwave but not sure where yet!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I have the auto but not habitation aircon.

Fully loaded for driving so wife, dog, 2 electric Bromptons, 2 folding chairs, food etc for a week, 1/2 tank fresh, 1/4 grey and 3/4 fuel - bang on 3,500.

OP
OP
D

D40

Free Member
Sep 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Andy, I currently have a autosleeper kemerton xl so this is a new venture for us. How do you find the auto on steep inclines and what's it generally like to drive?
Have you had any problems the build quality looks good, I'm also looking to fit a microwave if I can find space.

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
I picked up mine a couple of weeks ago and presently heading toward Scotland. The build quality is super. Did you order the 140 or 160bhp? I have the latter and it motors nicely. The Cruise control is a tad slow in getting to remember to give it a bit more gas, but only by a couple of mph. Only gripe I have is the windscreen blind which is a new design apparently, but it catches the rear view mirror. Not an unusual problem with a PVC, but irksome. Guy

OP
OP
D

D40

Free Member
Sep 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
I took the only van I could get which is a 140 and is the so called new fiat van. Have seen the rear view mirror and blind issue, do you actually use the mirror as in my current van I don't have a view through the back?
My delivery date is in January but let's see! Have you weighed it yet?

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
9 speed is brilliant, so much better than the comfortmatic I had before. No issues going up or down, occasionally when going down it likes to stay in a lower gear than I would like but just slip it into manual and problem solved. Sits happily at 63mph, 1500 revs. This is the 140bhp engine.

Build quality is a disappointment. Had since April, 60+ nights and 4K miles.
  • Metal pad in washroom for swinging wall magnet fell off. Adria fixed it on with tiny screw and some sealant
  • Issues with water heater overtemp
  • Drawer catch required adjustment as opened when going round roundabout.
  • Rear door mechanism fault meaning unable to open door from outside, fixed twice and issues since.
  • Kitchen tap weeps at base.
  • AdBlu ran out at Ā£2k miles, base vehicle not PDIā€™d by dealer, they just do habitation check.
  • Faulty DPF sensor requiring replacement. Used Fiat Assist for this and impressed at how helpful they were.
Annoyances are radio which switches itself off after 20 min when not motoring, sat nav which defaults to km every time you use it and the passenger side window blind casing which blocks the view of the bottom mirror.

Ykes, sounds a lot, but I love it šŸ˜€

Since getting Iā€™ve added additional 12v and usb sockets in the back, refillable gas bottles, WiFi and wireless rear view camera. Not needed a second battery yet so will hold off on that.

Next mod will be a 240v socket in the travel seat base at the window end, having to use the socket up beside the tv annoys me. Also going to put front mud flaps on to keep the van, and sliding step, cleaner.

Re microwave check the Facebook Adria Twin group, someone took out the oven and put a combo microwave in instead.

Donā€™t have any issue with the front blind / mirror.

Check out YouTube handover video on an SPB done I think by TyneValley motorhomes, you may pick up more info there.

Long wait till January!

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
Have not weighed yet as I am solo traveller with not a lot of travelling extras. I would also endorse second leisure battery as the fridge is compressor with no gas, not that I have challenged it yet with only 2 nights off grid.
Guy

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
640SLX. Last time i took it to the weighbridge it came on at 3460kg. That was fully loaded and ready for a trip with full fuel , water, two leccy bikes on the towbar rack, also have an awning & two leisure batteries fitted. I can change the van to 3850kg if i want , but not sure why i would want to at the moment.

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
I've ordered the Sport version which has the Pop Top (why that makes it "Sport" is beyond me. Given the extra weight of the Pop Top, it comes on the 43H chasis and so is rated for 4300kg as standard (I'm an old git so licence restrictions not an issue for me)

Roll on delivery in spring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back