Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
Hi Folks,
I have previously mentioned inability to switch off water pump from my Adria Compact panel. I intended sending LT313 control panel to Apuljack for test / repair, but when trying to pull them off, terminal blocks seemed tight. So rather than risk damage, I decided to ask the experienced.

I am attaching photos of what I found.
=20240219_155057.jpg
=20240219_155735.jpg
=20240219_160033.jpg

Perhaps the corrosion is causing the problem, and panel itself is actually Ok ?

So my pride and joy Adria Compact, bought in Autumn partly on the strength of a seemingly faultless and recent Habcheck, obviously has moisture dripping onto the LT313 terminals from an aperture higher behind the boarding.

Very disappointing, but compared to the modifications Doc made to my meds this week, perhaps not my biggest problem !!

Have you brainboxes any advice how to separate the connectors to remove the panel ?
Can I use WD40 ?

the black plastic terminal blocks appear to be one unit, but perhaps they divide, leaving part of the block remaining on the PCB ?
- obviously, v.important to know where they separate before applying force . . . .

Thanks
_

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I don't recognise the brand and model type of those connectors, are there any makings on them? Brand logo, number, anything really. I find that shining a torch at a very shallow angle shows up the writing better.

It looks to me like they are in two parts. There's a bit attached to the cables, and a bit soldered onto the board. This type of connector usually has a latch mechanism that clicks into place when the cable connector is pushed home into the receptacle soldered to the board.

So if you want to disconnect them, probably you have to release the latch(es) as you pull. I would imagine Apuljack would know how to disconnect them, they do this sort of thing all the time, maybe they could advise you. I think once you have done one, and know the trick, the rest will be easy. Maybe start with the smaller, less corroded ones first.

Re-doing the connections is not a difficult job for someone like Apuljack, It involves unsoldering and resoldering the board connectors, and maybe putting new crimp connectors on the cable connectors. There will be a trick to releasing the crimp pins from the connector shell, some kind of removal tool to press in a spring clip or press in some barbs.

OP
OP
Marauder
Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr
Thanks Autorouter,
I will look for markings at next visit. I expected to drop the panel, slip the connectors off, send it to Apuljack.
So was not prepared for a major operation at ceiling level !
will go with step-up etc.
On the bright side - I suppose I could merge a visit to Apuljack with a visit to Vanbits: Drastic Plastic Territory !
_

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back