Adria 600 DT Bike Rack (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2018
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria 600 DT
Exp
Hi
I wonder if anyone has any info on the following which would be greatly appreciated.
We are due to collect our van shortly and are looking at bike options, we would like to have them outside the garage when travelling and the van does come with fixed bike rack rails pre installed. Our questions are would the existing rails be able to take the weight of 2 electric bikes circa 50kg or would we be better off with a tow bar mounted bike rack, the later with fitting a tow bar is very expensive but would give us more garage weight.
Thanks

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
My Thule rack on my PVC is rated at 39kg - my big e-bike is around 24kg, Mrs Abgs's bike is around 19kg. However, with both quick release front wheels, quick release saddles and both batteries removed this brings the weight down to 18kg and 12kg.

Also feels more secure as the bikes could only then be stolen for the remaining parts on them. It takes me just a couple of minutes to get the bikes off the rack and ready to ride or to dismantle and put them back on the rack.

OP
OP
B
Jun 19, 2018
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria 600 DT
Exp
Abgs
Thats for your reply that sounds like a workable solution with keeping costs down.
I assume by removing the wheel the bike is held up by the supporting arm.
Just have to look into what bikes are suitable for our needs now.
Kind Regards

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I can get the wheel straps around the disc brake bracket so that straps the fork leg down to the wheel rail.
I assume by removing the wheel the bike is held up by the supporting arm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back