Adding front coil springs advice (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Help required ..........
Help please gone through the exercise of increasing payload on rear axle on Rapido Ducato To add air assist to rear and replace tyres which are 15” to 225/70R15 Q112 all round.
That’s fine but now found out that my limit for front axle would be 1610kg keeping within 3850kg which already plated to.
My problem is that on Weighbridge my front axle is 1750kg so the way I can use the additional 240kg on rear axle will be to upplate to 4000kg and add front coil springs.
My question is if I do uprate my front springs this will Raise the front height am I still ok to stay on 15” wheels.
Any advice please.............most welcome....

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
As you know i have the same MH as you (until next week)

I changed my 15 inch wheels to 16 inch and it was much sturdier on the road when over taking lorries

I can still get 4 fingers between top of tyre and the wheel arch, if you add bigger springs and raise the height I wonder if it will look a bit silly on 15 inch wheels as they may look lost in the arches

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Your 15 inch wheels and tyres have a weight limit. If you wish to raise your carrying capacity then you have no choice but to uprate your wheel size. We went from 16 inch wheels to 17 inch on our first apache 634. It gave us extra payload but more importantly to us..comfort when driving. The smaller wheel would be like driving on low profile tyres . Also do not forget..your speedo would read out! You can get away with bigger wheels as long as the tyre stays with in the limits of the weight carried and also the speedo reading whilst driving.
By that I mean..if you add 17 inch wheels to your truck..the speedo would be out .That meaning 30 mph may be actually 35, even though it reads 30? Ask Tyreman.co.uk. They will advise on what you can have without a compromise

Kev

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi thanks for that what are you buying ?

Cathago c line supreme

I got my 16 inch wheels and tyres off eBay from a chap in Germany they were new well delivery miles only about 5 miles with Michelin tyres paid £1020 inc delivery for 4 wheels and tyres he has a few sets it's on going I think

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back