Adblue tank leak???? (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
We filled up with 10l of adblue after the light came on. The next time the light came on it only took 5l. On both occasions we have had ADBLUE pouring on to the ground but nothing comes out of the filler cap. Do anyone know if there is an overflow pipe on the tank or have we got a faulty tank.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I had my Adblue tank out,fairly sure from memory there is a breather pipe,if you look under the van on the end of the tank nearest the filler point 2 pipes come from the tank 1 is filler pipe other is breather pipe (I assume)
Probably follows filler pipe to vent

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Nov 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I had my Adblue tank out,fairly sure from memory there is a breather pipe,if you look under the van on the end of the tank nearest the filler point 2 pipes come from the tank 1 is filler pipe other is breather pipe (I assume)
Probably follows filler pipe to vent
Thanks, I'll have a look when when the weather dries up.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
We filled up with 10l of adblue after the light came on. The next time the light came on it only took 5l. On both occasions we have had ADBLUE pouring on to the ground but nothing comes out of the filler cap. Do anyone know if there is an overflow pipe on the tank or have we got a faulty tank.
Have you an A class or a standard cab? My new A class had an adblu leak when filling and I found it was leaking from the pipe extension that had been fitted to move the filler points to the outside of the body.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Nov 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Have you an A class or a standard cab? My new A class had an adblu leak when filling and I found it was leaking from the pipe extension that had been fitted to move the filler points to the outside of the body.
We have a Dethleffs A class so we will have to get on to Fiat or Dethleffs to see who is responsible as it's still under warranty. Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
We have a Dethleffs A class so we will have to get on to Fiat or Dethleffs to see who is responsible as it's still under warranty.
Fiat will tell you itā€™s a Dethleffs problem and vice versa. In the time itā€™ll take going back and forth, Drive it up your levelling ramps, maybe remove a cover under the pipes and tighten the jubilee clips. Thatā€™s all it took on mine.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back