ACSI-rant (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Have had a recurring yearly subscription to acsi since 2010 and every year received the book(s) just before Christmas. This year no book. So contacted acsi to ask when I would be receiving the 2018 edition. Their reply "Your recurring subscription has been cancelled because your credit card is out of date"
In past years they have always reminded me my card details needed updating but this year nothing.
Can't understand it from the Dutch, usually very helpful.
Customer service at its worst.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I forgot to cancel mine so if you want an unopened book at cost price let me know

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
I joined ASCI and received the books. I think I'll get the App as it'll tell me the whereabouts of the nearest sites which is probably a lot more useful when touring.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
@elamessa. Exactly the same happened to me. Credit Card expired and no notification. The books just never arrived. We knew we would be away so a friend was watching for their arrival so she could send us the card from the book so we could use it on our trip home. Contacted ACSI and same reply and they couldn’t promise delivery in less than 5 weeks. This would have taken it until after our return so no good to us. Did an on-line order with C&CC, immediate home delivery, friend sent card, success. Again felt badly let down by ACSI in not getting any warning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Last year I got an email saying credit card had expired so I went online to try and change details. Spent ages trying to persuade it to accept the new card with no luck. So I ordered a new one, well I thought I did but obviously something went wrong, probably they knew I already had a subscription.

Result - no book/card before we headed off, eventually got a Spanish version which was okay as I took the old one with me and most of the sites were still the same, just updated prices etc.

In the summer I tried again - got through no problem and the 2018 books turned up at the beginning of December.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
My subscription has always had the books sent to my Spanish address.
When they hadn't turned up I contacted them only to be told they now only send to the card billing address's, which is my UK address!!!!

Fortunately the card is being sent on to me!.......... But they never told me it had changed!!!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Peter, yes the card is included with the book, I haven't opened the package. I would only want cost price plus postage to you no idea how much that is but could check for you after new year.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Have had a recurring yearly subscription to acsi since 2010 and every year received the book(s) just before Christmas. This year no book. .....

Can't understand it from the Dutch, usually very helpful.
Customer service at its worst.

I guess you are not with BT then?

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We have dealt direct with ACSI (next to useless) and via Vicarious Books (never let us down)....................simples

The Tincas

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Another thumbs down for ACSI, last year they sent the books to my UK address instead of the Spanish address I stay at over Xmas. I cotacted them and they apologised but I had to have my ACSI card sent to Spain by a friend, wasn't bothered about the books as I use the app. They assured me they had changed the delivery address to Spain but a couple of weeks ago I logged into my ACSI account to see whether my recurring order had been shipped only to find that the delivery address had been changed from Spain to my UK billing address. I contacted ACSI who said they had changed their policy and only delivered to the billing address! Nice of them to let me know, por customer service. I have changed my billing address to the Spanish address but no books as yet to either address, I will probably find that the bank have refused to authorise the transaction because of this :envy:

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Still on c&cclub site at £12.99 inc. delivery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back