Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Just went onto the A23 at junction 20to22
By accident it's just before Castle Braco.
Be buggered if I can find out were to pay.
Found plenty of info on pre pay.
Don't normally use tolls just got onto slip road by mistake.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just went onto the A23 at junction 20to22
By accident it's just before Castle Braco.
Be buggered if I can find out were to pay.
Found plenty of info on pre pay.
Don't normally use tolls just got onto slip road by mistake.
Is it English number plates, if so I shouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Is it English number plates, if so I shouldn't worry about it.
Yes British plates why not to worry as I believe that they can send the bill with a fine to the UK?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes British plates why not to worry as I believe that they can send the bill with a fine to the UK?
There is talk about it but don't think anyone's been done yet(y):)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
In fact my mate lives there and he reckons if they do send a bill it's no more than you have to pay anyway.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
In fact my mate lives there and he reckons if they do send a bill it's no more than you have to pay anyway.
I have seen parking penalty notices sent to careless friends in the UK who thought they'd got away with it, but twice out of about 25, so the odds are good.

On the toll roads, been there and done that. You're driving along and suddenly find yourself on an electronic toll road. Being on UK plates at the time, and with no payment mechanism, just ignored them and no bills have arrived. I have heard anecdotally of the odd person getting the bill sent to them in the UK, but only for the amount due, not a great cost

Don't worry about it is my advice.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have seen parking penalty notices sent to careless friends in the UK who thought they'd got away with it, but twice out of about 25, so the odds are good.

On the toll roads, been there and done that. You're driving along and suddenly find yourself on an electronic toll road. Being on UK plates at the time, and with no payment mechanism, just ignored them and no bills have arrived. I have heard anecdotally of the odd person getting the bill sent to them in the UK, but only for the amount due, not a great cost

Don't worry about it is my advice.
Yes that's right they do seem to be very fair with their charges and fines, we parked a car in villa mora where we thought it was free and got a ticket with all sorts of prices on it in Portuguese, anyway fearing the worse we went to the post office where it said it had to be paid, and low and behold , found,if you paid it within so many days, which we were in all the fine was a complete days parking, ours was eight euros.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Looks like a bob marley song then.
Don't worry about a thing be happy.
Laurie

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We unknowingly got onto a pay road around the east of Tomar. On our map it was just a national road but once on there we saw the signs and overhead cameras for a pay road. Martin telephoned the company and was told to forget about it. It was five years ago tho' and things have moved on since then.

My reason for posting was about the sneaky way of making a road a toll road. Sometimes it's hard to avoid getting onto one.

OP
OP
laurieash
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
We unknowingly got onto a pay road around the east of Tomar. On our map it was just a national road but once on there we saw the signs and overhead cameras for a pay road. Martin telephoned the company and was told to forget about it. It was five years ago tho' and things have moved on since then.

My reason for posting was about the sneaky way of making a road a toll road. Sometimes it's hard to avoid getting onto one.

I was my own fault as I was listening to the human satnag.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back