A wee foray into Spain from France? (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We’re planning on a fortnight in France next month.
What would we have to do ‘extra’ if we popped over into Spain for a few days.
I know we’d need the diagonal bike warning sign … we’re both fully vaccinated with QR codes in the Tousanticovid French app and hopefully in a Scottish app by then too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nothing as far as I can seen, not sure if you need the French deceleration coming back into France. I'm going to print off a few copies of the ones from both Green & Amber countries.
We get the ferry on Monday spending a day in Belgium then heading for South West France probably go on to Spain and possibly Portugal, don't do planning so don't really know. We have a bit longer 6½ weeks.

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Re the vehicle side of things: You’d need a full size, approx 6” x 4”, new style UK badge for your van. The number plate UK badges are not legal. You need 2x warning triangles or one of the new Spanish flashing lights to attach to the roof of your van if you break down. A first aid kit. A fluorescent vest for every passenger accessible from the drivers seat so it’s on before exiting the vehicle. Spare prescriptions glasses if needed for driving, although some may say that only applies to residents, but I’ve never seen that written down in Spanish law anywhere. It seems a very tight schedule to do it all in 2 weeks, admittedly to someone who normally only travels for 60 nights at a time.
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Re the vehicle side of things: You’d need a full size, approx 6” x 4”, new style UK badge for your van. The number plate UK badges are not legal. You need 2x warning triangles or one of the new Spanish flashing lights to attach to the roof of your van if you break down. A first aid kit. A fluorescent vest for every passenger accessible from the drivers seat so it’s on before exiting the vehicle. Spare prescriptions glasses if needed for driving, although some may say that only applies to residents, but I’ve never seen that written down in Spanish law anywhere. It seems a very tight schedule to do it all in 2 weeks, admittedly to someone who normally only travels for 60 nights at a time.
Hope this helps
Thanks all.
we have most or all the above for France. Maybe an extra warning triangle … Amazon Prime.
i didn’t think of the Green country declaration so will get that sorted this weekend, I printed the Amber ones last night.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back