A screw loose (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Over the year I occasionally find screw covers on the floor and put them into a box to deal with 'later'.
This morning was 'later' and so with a few of the small round plastic screw covers and three larger plastic covers, I began to search where they had come from.
By chance I started in the area around my Truma heater and was astonished to find one of the larger screw fittings with the screw almost hanging out. I screwed it home and fitted the large plastic cover. Looking around I saw another cover was almost off, so I removed it and found this screw was also loose and held in place by the cover. In all I found five loose screws around the area of my heater, mostly those inside the larger plastic covers.
Searching around the rest of the van there seemed to be no other loose screws other than a slight twist where wood may have shrunk.
The question is, why had they come loose? Could it be the heat in the area or perhaps some vibration from the unit when blowing air.
My van is a 9 year old Dethleffs Advantage.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Same here. My van is 10 years old and I am still finding screws, most recent was when taping up some of the ducting, found two screws under the fridge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back