A sad day (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We managed to get 25 nights away this year, but with the new, not fully house trained puppy, and Covid, we have decided that is it for this year and put the caravan into winter mode. Not having had a caravan before I was not sure what to do, so I did what I've done on the MOHO and the set it off level so the rain runs off the roof. I have a battery maintenance charger connected and the roof vent and a window slightly open.
I hope we have a better year next year.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Much love to you and Kathy. You've had quite a year what with the covid scare and joyous little Abert..... All whilst looking after Kathy's dad and the rest of your family.. and coming in and out of retirement. You will have the future to look forward to in the Spring, hopefully.

Big hug to all.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
most of us have been in the same boat this year but hopefully next year isn't too far off now and just maybe it'll be better for us all, fingers crossed..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm sure you have already drained down, but don't forget to operate the electric flush on the toilet, and remove the shower head, open the tap, to blow back down the hose to expell any water left in pipe bends or loops.
Some folks connect a 12v tyre inflator compressor, but having a good set of lungs, I haven't felt the need. 😉

Open all your locker/cupboard doors, and stand all the seat cushions up on their ends to keep them aired. 👍

Cheers,

Jock.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We once had a Static at Skegness for us and the daughter,she was living at Tattershall at the time and could " Nip" to it whenever. Over Christmas,we were advised to Pyramid the seat/bed bits so air could circulate in the middle of the lounge and put Small type soup bowls with Salt in around and about the areas to catch the water in the air. This seemed to work. " Every little helps ". Best of luck.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I'm sure you have already drained down, but don't forget to operate the electric flush on the toilet, and remove the shower head, open the tap, to blow back down the hose to expell any water left in pipe bends or loops.
Some folks connect a 12v tyre inflator compressor, but having a good set of lungs, I haven't felt the need. 😉

Open all your locker/cupboard doors, and stand all the seat cushions up on their ends to keep them aired. 👍

Cheers,

Jock.
Thanks I've done all of that, a caravan is very similar to a MOHO apart from tipping it off level to drain the roof, it's a bit strange after years of trying to get everything level.🙂

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Much love to you and Kathy. You've had quite a year what with the covid scare and joyous little Abert..... All whilst looking after Kathy's dad and the rest of your family.. and coming in and out of retirement. You will have the future to look forward to in the Spring, hopefully.

Big hug to all.
Hi Joy, yes it's been a strange year for most of us, you have had it very tough, much worse than me.
So let's all keep looking forward to next year. I haven't really come out of retirement, I have just done the odd day, sometimes half a day, but it's been useful for me because they had to register me back with Gas Safe, and that was very handy for sorting my daughter's boiler.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
heyho, at least we all know you are home or the winter and we can all drop in know for a cuppa.
See you soon

:doh: Oh it appears that was not an invite:rofl:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Seeing as it`s a caravan...... see if you can jack and block(Safely) the wheels and take them off...

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Here's to a better year, next year. Does that mean we can start on the new year booze already?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
be careful leaving skylights part open in winter, a good storm could rip it off with ease. They are already vented anyway

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
be careful leaving skylights part open in winter, a good storm could rip it off with ease. They are already vented anyway
With the MOHO we got a dusting of mold so we now open the small vent over the shower and a window just a crack.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi, As others have said care with open windows etc. Having said that not sure why your leaving anything open. Normally more ventilation than required.

Had a caravan for 7 years or so and no issues as long as you drain it down, blow the pipes & Loo flush clear (ish) the toilet cassette is happy, left with a good dose of blue (given volume and profile if it freezes no issues)

Used to pop a small solar panel in the front window to keep the hab batt alive. Main thing if you do that is to ensure all systems are shut down.

If you don't have a portable / roof solar panel. remove the hab battery and take it home. every month pop it on charge for a day.

Oh if you can find one pop a slow release moth/fly vapona type insect killer somewhere in the van just in case.

OR and sadly maybe difficult this year use it during the less warm months.

Sorry if that sounds a bit strong, Keep safe and good luck.

Ahh last but not least make sure its dry before storing, if you showered and was very wet the day or so before. Invest in a spot of heating to dry out before putting things away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back