A question of SOG (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes but you have got no pressure relief valve to press to let air in for a smooth discharge.

the PR valve is removed but there is also a pressure relief button on the C200 that you press when emptying

C200-4.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes but you have got no pressure relief valve to press to let air in for a smooth discharge.
Oops sorry you answered before I asked;) You have yellow button that lets air in the pressure release is what it says, pressure release when it is a sealed container.

Martin

EDIT you have to be quick around here(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have one on order for fitting ..SOG B for the C200 , I was checking my stock of hole saws and sods law I don't have a 37mm .. nearly every other size ..:rolleyes:

before I buy one tomorrow.. can anyone confirm it is 37mm.... ? ( as said on the video by Dave ) kit not here yet so want to be prepared.

EDIT just found the instructions.. it says 36 -37mm

http://www.motorhometour.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SOGB_instructions.pdf

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
the PR valve is removed but there is also a pressure relief button on the C200 that you press when emptying

View attachment 242024
Later models don't have both I think it's combined, either that or I'm blind.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mine currently is blanked off and I have gone back to using "Blue". (Aldi). The wiring to the system is short circuit, now isolated (whoever wired it would have failed "Basic Electrics" , I assume some French Bloke?, it being a Rapido!). and the fan dosent operate at all. May look at it again come the back end.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Not only does the valve release any pressure but also as you empty with the button depressed it allows air to enter the cassette as otherwise the cassette would be a nightmare to empty as it glugs away slowly (y)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Just fit the Thetford vent kit so much easier
The C200 cassette certainly has 2 different thetford vent systems 1 vents within cassette housing the 2nd type has different top and connects to hose which exits bottom of toilet compartment so some people will already have a vent system which is only missing a extract fan and filter.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I buy one tomorrow.. can anyone confirm it is 37mm.... ? ( as said on the video by Dave ) kit not here yet so want to be prepared.

EDIT just found the instructions.. it says 36 -37mm

Update..

I went out to buy a 36mm or 37m holesaw .

I tried Jewson, Wickes, Toolstation and Screwfix.. not to be found.. I eventually settled on a 35mm .. this was tad tight but the hole was easily made to fit with a rub of sandpaper .. perfect fit.. Don't be tempted to buy a 38mm , the fan flange is quite narrow and the fixing screws may not get a good fit into the wood if hole is too big . ..

All fitted, tested and working .. easy enough job, if a little fiddly fitting the micro switch.. but the cassette has seen better days, I tried cleaning and descaling but it still has a brown crust on the inside.. :sick: not nice.. and I hate cleaning other peoples muck, so decided to buy the Thetford FreshUp kit from Leisureshop direct.. which also has a nice new seat and lid.. and as a bonus, the latest C200 cassette has two wheels and a pull along handle..

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/w...thetford-toilet-fresh-up-set-with-wheels-c200

36mm holesaws on ebay..

IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3131.jpg
IMG_3132.jpg

Last edited:

KiwiGT

Free Member
May 5, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
With the warmer weather the WC has been a tad fragrant (despite daily emptying when in use!)

I also have a male fox like urge to spread my atomised effluent into the atmosphere...

I have been looking at SOG's but have a couple of question for the wise out there:

The cassette is a C250.

My door clearance (Frankia 640) is tight (they say you need 4cm clearance) so I think that I need to go for an inline carbon filter and route a tube to the underside of the van.

Am I correct in thinking that the suction pipe from the cassette just screws into the emptying tube of the cassette? If so, does this mean you have to unscrew before pulling full tub out of van and then screw on another cap to take it to the black waste location?
(this seems a bit of a faff - other cassette types have the vent connected elseware.)

sog-ii-kit-f-for-cassette-c250-c260-5936-p.jpg

The std type seems to do it also:
View attachment 241875

Would you say this is the best price at the mo?

http://leisurelines.net/sog-ii-kit-f-for-cassette-c250c260-5936-p.asp

£130 for the SOG 2.?

Finally, Thetford do there own unit - any thoughts on fitment of it? i cant find any videos or instructions online (Thetfords link to dropbox is a bit naff)

Thanks
No the suction pipe just pushes into the cap. It has a sealing o ring. When u empty just pull out the pipe. Push it back when you return

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hols up a mo! Our new van has a Thetford fitted with an automatic extractor van which comes on when the sluice is opened. Is this the equivalent to an SOG (err, just exactly what does SOG stand for by the way?).

So does this mean my loo is already to use like an SOG? The vent comes out under the floor as it happens.

For the record, it is the urine that creates the worst smells not the poo. Pee in a bottle :rolleyes: and the loo will last even longer between emptying and not smell anything like as much. At the moment we use the proper Green stuff so OK for environment but don't think is is quite 'all that'.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hols up a mo! Our new van has a Thetford fitted with an automatic extractor van which comes on when the sluice is opened. Is this the equivalent to an SOG (err, just exactly what does SOG stand for by the way?).

So does this mean my loo is already to use like an SOG? The vent comes out under the floor as it happens.

For the record, it is the urine that creates the worst smells not the poo. Pee in a bottle :rolleyes: and the loo will last even longer between emptying and not smell anything like as much. At the moment we use the proper Green stuff so OK for environment but don't think is is quite 'all that'.
No idea what SOG stands for. I have the same as you and yes it does the same job.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No idea what SOG stands for. I have the same as you and yes it does the same job.
Oddly enough, my van has both. The Thetford fan is manual and causes a draught around the feet when running. The SOG operates when the blade is open. All seems to work well

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
SOG= Suck Out Gas ???;)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun