A nice subtle colour scheme for shy people. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
No doubt the current owner of this rather garish machine thinks it looks smart! :Eeek:

The vehicle has nothing to do with me but, if I did own it I certainly wouldn't clean the outside.
I'd be hoping it gets filthy & hides the colour lol. :moon2:

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
No doubt the current owner of this rather garish machine thinks it looks smart! :Eeek:

The vehicle has nothing to do with me but, if I did own it I certainly wouldn't clean the outside.
I'd be hoping it gets filthy & hides the colour lol. :moon2:

Not my cup of tea either.
Going to Glentrool for two nights on 23rd of month. Staying on site but will I be able to park van at Loch Trool carpark while we go up the Merrick. I can't go to Bruce's Stone as the van is 3850kg and you told me a while ago the weight limit is just at the lodge.
Thanks in advance.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Almost perfect! all it needs is a very large Native American decal on the back, Fluffy dice hanging on the mirror, a dash full of those noddy dogs and flower thingees, bead curtains ,horse brasses, the odd STP and crude bumper stickers and HEY! it'll be a shoo in for an award as the most grotesque M/H of the year (y)

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Going to Glentrool for two nights on 23rd of month. Staying on site but will I be able to park van at Loch Trool carpark while we go up the Merrick. I can't go to Bruce's Stone as the van is 3850kg and you told me a while ago the weight limit is just at the lodge.
Thanks in advance.
John

Hi John.

As far as I'm aware the bridge repairs are complete but, I haven't been over to check if the restrictions are still in place
If I get a chance I'll take a wee jaunt over to see the lie of the land & get back to you.
The forecast for Wednesday looks really good & it'd give me an excuse to go out for a wee jaunt.

Regards....Robert.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Hi John.

As far as I'm aware the bridge repairs are complete but, I haven't been over to check if the restrictions are still in place
If I get a chance I'll take a wee jaunt over to see the lie of the land & get back to you.
The forecast for Wednesday looks really good & it'd give me an excuse to go out for a wee jaunt.

Regards....Robert.
Bridge repairs are complete Robert but 3t 2miles ahead restriction sign in place .
I texted you a couple of months ago and you reckoned the weight restriction is at Glentool Lodge where the road veers left and goes uphill for a bit . Think you said there was a culvert around there .
The girls that own the campsite weren't sure where restriction is , but I think you suggested the culvert.
There's a carpark from memory at the end of loch nearest the visitor's centre which i hope to use whilst up the Merrick , ooh matron, it is onright of road going towards the Merrick.
We drove a car all the way along a couple of months ago , but no sign oter than the one at the new bridge. They've made a good job of the bridge. Cracking scones in the visitor centre too.
Hope you are both well.
John

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
I believe the 3T restriction is here
https://maps.google.com/?q=55.090751,-4.498423
Hope the link works!
That's where I think it is too . Either Robert or yourself told me a while ago where it was .
Don't remember the restriction sign before main bridge got damaged.
My wife and I like the campsite , but this time it's a mate and I going . House o'Hill will get a number of meals and a good few beers . Can't go cooking on a men's jaunt:D.
Thanks for taking the time to show on google.
Speak soon,
John

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No I prefer colours to the shades of white & grey ,etc.
What puzzles me with that is that it has a tow bar but no legal towing weight on the manufacturers plate
?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What puzzles me with that is that it has a tow bar but no legal towing weight on the manufacturers plate
?

Because its a truck 3 and 4 are for 3rd and 4 axles if so configured. I don't think the train weight would cause any issues for Motorhome use.

I also prefer the standard paintwork but again each to their own.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
?
I noticed that but it’s the Mercedes chassis plate I think so can that be trumped by the N+B manufacturers plate, they towed a Volvo estate car on a 3 axle trailer.

I think the car was Blue as well(y)

Martin

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I could live eith the exterior, but the inside is disgusting - even worse than beige

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
There's a carpark from memory at the end of loch nearest the visitor's centre which i hope to use whilst up the Merrick , ooh matron, it is onright of road going towards the Merrick.
We drove a car all the way along a couple of months ago , but no sign oter than the one at the new bridge. They've made a good job of the bridge. Cracking scones in the visitor centre too.
Hope you are both well.
John

We've just watched Paul Murton's "Grand Tours of Scotland's Lochs" & as luck would have it they focussed on Loch Ryan to the Merrick using Bruce's stone as a starting point for the Merrick.
I presume it'll be available on BBC iPlayer & makes for lovely viewing.

Yes your quite right about the culvert John.
Hazel agrees that it'll be a nice wee jaunt out on Wednesday, so hopefully I can get back to you with some definitive answers.

Regards....Robert.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
We've just watched Paul Murton's "Grand Tours of Scotland's Lochs" & as luck would have it they focussed on Loch Ryan to the Merrick using Bruce's stone as a starting point for the Merrick.

Hazel agrees that it'll be a nice wee jaunt out on Wednesday, so hopefully I can get back to you with some definitive answers.

Regards....Robert.
Yep my mate texted re the loch programme , will see if it's on iplayer , have watched the previous ones .
WillH posted a google location for restriction and it is where I envisaged it from your description a while ago. Looking forward to a couple of nights before campsite closes at end of month.
Please don't drive out especially , but if your out and about it would be very helpful.
After my jaunt to Glentrool I have nothing planned yet , so looking into uprating leisure bats and poss fitting solar panel. When that's done I'll be pestering you for the odd off site places I can try:D.
Once again thanks for your help.
Speak soon,
John

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Almost perfect! all it needs is a very large Native American decal on the back, Fluffy dice hanging on the mirror, a dash full of those noddy dogs and flower thingees, bead curtains ,horse brasses, the odd STP and crude bumper stickers and HEY! it'll be a shoo in for an award as the most grotesque M/H of the year (y)
No, to be really grotesque, it needs black alloy wheels :whistle:

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years

Regards....Robert.
Just watched on Iplayer . Looking forward to 23rd of month now. Won't get similar weather , but so long as it's dryish.
John

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think the MH looks that bad, certainly different.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
giphy.gif

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No