A message from Woodside Field CL (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We are still open at Woodside Field until the end of the month. The ground is good and the chickens and ducks are still producing wonderful eggs. We will provide free eggs to any Funster who stays before we close for the winter.

You are welcome to pick the remaining blackberries, hazelnuts and sloes, but be quick as the local wildlife are feasting. We currently have owls, buzzards, pheasants and bats around the field and if you are really lucky the local deer might also pay a visit. If you have not previously visited our site have a look at our website via the link above.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
reckless look forward to meeting you when things improve, look out for our Fun rally announcements in January.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
So why isn't it full ?
I love to use CL’s but I only use ones with hardstandings. Reason being is that my tag axle Burstner is absolutely crap on grass!
Running at just under 5t there is surprisingly very little traction on the front drive axle and get horrendous wheel spin on any loose surface.
I’d love to use more CL’s but won’t risk getting stuck or leaving great wheel spin marks all over someone’s lovely grass.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’d love to use more CL’s but won’t risk getting stuck or leaving great wheel spin marks all over someone’s lovely grass.
It wouldn’t be the first time they, (quackers) have had to Chuck a bit of seed down on some wheel spin marks:whistle2:

Lovely place, lovely people👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
For me it was inexperience with the auto box, by the time I’d sussed I was wheel spinning on one side and was ploughing a furrow, it was too late, oh and I left the elsan lid up, I thought I was gonna be banned:doh:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
For me it was inexperience with the auto box, by the time I’d sussed I was wheel spinning on one side and was ploughing a furrow, it was too late, oh and I left the elsan lid up, I thought I was gonna be banned:doh:
It was Brian's soggy grass near the dump point because of where my waste is I had to approach uphill, not a good idea on very wet grass even with winter tyres.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry guys, neither of you took the top prize and were both forgiven, we would definitely welcome you back anytime. Auto gearboxes can cause issues on grass sites but leaving the handbrake on is the one that always causes the most damage. Lets just say we have spent a fortune on grass seed this year and luckily the field seems to recover quite well. We have now closed the CL for the winter, it is just not the same with all the fallen leaves everywhere, got fed up running round trying to pick them all up.

We are still looking for a Funster to put something back into the system. Let me explain, Clivefog has offered to run another rally here July (22) and needs an additional Funster to help him, please send him a PM if you are willing.

We would also love to host another rally here in June (22) but no one has stepped up???????

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Now about to go past your door. Sadly I’m working though. Plus I’d definitely get stuck in my 44t artic! :giggle:

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
If you leave your 44T artic in the local layby and unhook your motorhome which I expect you are towing behind, you would be most welcome.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Well now Christmas is done and dusted, Happy New Year.:cheers:
Hope you are all keeping well and busy planning your 2022 trips. We have now opened up our booking system for 2022, if you are down this way our CL is located near Bristol/Bath close to M4 Junction 18.
Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new faces too.
Brian & Helen
Woodside Field.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Looks brilliant, will give it a go, hopefully after April,,👍

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
The past couple of weekends we have been busy in the woods picking up all the fallen branches and clearing all the tracks ready for the start of the new season. As the years go by this get harder and harder, we feel as we are going back to work on a Monday morning for a rest and we have not even started on the main field yet. Looking at our 2022 CL bookings we are dismayed to find that not one Funster has made a booking, have we upset you all? Anyway as a special treat the first Funster to make a 2022 booking will also get a choice of free fresh duck or chicken eggs.
Who is going to claim them? :smiley:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The past couple of weekends we have been busy in the woods picking up all the fallen branches and clearing all the tracks ready for the start of the new season. As the years go by this get harder and harder, we feel as we are going back to work on a Monday morning for a rest and we have not even started on the main field yet. Looking at our 2022 CL bookings we are dismayed to find that not one Funster has made a booking, have we upset you all? Anyway as a special treat the first Funster to make a 2022 booking will also get a choice of free fresh duck or chicken eggs.
Riverbankannie has booked does she get eggs??

Too early for me to book anything yet sorry but will deffo be in at some stage I hope 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚I have been saving egg cartons for you

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Nanniemate always a welcome visitor to Woodside Field.
Riverbankannie would always get free eggs here and even a fire pit to fry them on. :smiley:

How about this Annie for April Rally, amazing what you can do with an old washing machine drum, however I am convinced the previous owners must have used Persil.

20220122_174607[1].jpg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thank you Nanniemate always a welcome visitor to Woodside Field.
Riverbankannie would always get free eggs here and even a fire pit to fry them on. :smiley:

How about this Annie for April Rally, amazing what you can do with an old washing machine drum, however I am convinced the previous owners must have used Persil.

View attachment 578639
I wondered where it had gone ................................................

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Was going to book in on my way back from camperfest ( just after Easter) but looked on your web site and dates are crossed out

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Was going to book in on my way back from camperfest ( just after Easter) but looked on your web site and dates are crossed out
Pm me the dates you were thinking about. We do have a Rally booked here for Easter and we always block dates out either side of the Rally, Mabe able to accomodate depending on your schedule.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

As quite a lot of us Funsters are going to be with you over Easter and again at you Anniversary meet, we should ALL be okay for free eggs this year! :LOL:

With regard to the branches, the CCC organise 'work parties' at some of their sites with the offer of free camping. It might be worth thinking about? :unsure:

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
With regard to the branches, the CCC organise 'work parties' at some of their sites with the offer of free camping. It might be worth thinking about? :unsure:
We did try that approach last year however nobody took us up on the offer. If anybody wants to do some painting and wood clearing etc we could offer an extended free stay.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We did try that approach last year however nobody took us up on the offer. If anybody wants to do some painting and wood clearing etc we could offer an extended free stay.

Might take you up on that after Easter, can I drive the tractor please! :oops:

PS. Do you want me to bring my own ex-washing machine fire pit? :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back