Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How many times over the years have you noticed on your speedo when a big number is coming up, 10k 50k etc. Little things…the pleasure you get when you happen to catch it just as it trips over to all those zeros, and how annoying it is when you’ve anticipated watching it, maybe noticing that it’s coming up soon, but then forget. When you look at the odometer, it’s past, you missed it, bugger! You’ll have to wait for the next big one.

The same happened to me this week, but it wasn’t in the Van or in my Lanny, it was here on the forum. A few weeks ago I could see we were getting close to 3 million posts. No mean feat and more than double other forums that have been around much longer.

We took over 7 years to get to 1m posts now we make around 500,000 a year! I thought maybe we could have a competition, who was going to make the 3 millionth post. I remembered to look today and we are now 10,000 posts OVER the 3m landmark. Bugger!

Anyway, well-done Funsters, I’ve read most of those 3m posts, and through them, you’ve informed me, mostly made me giggle but sometimes made me cry; above all, you‘ve made me proud. Thank you all so much. Here's to 4million, I’ll catch it next time. :D

3m.png

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I believe that it was me, please keep the prize until I get to your delightful site in May

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Morning funsters went over 100,000 posts and 5000 pages this week (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Morning funsters went over 100,000 posts and 5000 pages this week (y)

On our original forum software and server we would have to lock threads that got to 500 posts long as they would slow the site to a crawl when more than two people clicked on them :D

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
On our original forum software and server we would have to lock threads that got to 500 posts long as they would slow the site to a crawl when more than two people clicked on them :D
500 posts is what @Anthea M does in a day on the morning thread.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I for one am not surprised.

I’m not big into social media due to a couple of bad experiences with Forums in the past.

This Forum is, in the main, informative, humurous and helpful. There is the odd wind up merchant, and we all make posts that can be misinterpreted due to the lack of direct face to face contact.

However, it is well moderated and almost self regulating as most members take a responsible attitude.

(OK @Jim, do I win the prize for sycophant of the week)?

Seriously, the best £15 pa you can have!:)(y)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What's really interesting is there's more than 37000 members

Yet it's the same 150 that post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Around 12,000 of those haven't logged in for a quite a while, I will be culling those very soon. Active posters in a month number more than 2500. Quite a few of those are first time posters but regular posters those who post every month number well over a 1000.

Last edited:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I thought I was the only one daft enough to notice the mileage creeping up to big numbers!
Then miss it when it happens...…:mad: :D:D:D

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
What's really interesting is there's more than 37000 members

Yet it's the same 150 that post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey Tam, where do you find out on this site how many members have signed up please, Is 37,000 the number that have signed up since inception of MH FUN, some which may have fallen by the wayside, or is that the current number of fully paid and current live members?
@Jim must be a rich man by now, and deservedly so for all his hard work and tenacity , can I have your autograph please:D
I feel a bit of a twit now, as I do my best to spread the good word about FUN membership everywhere we visit, I even bought the number plate, how sad is that:whistle:
Good stuff this.
Les

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Well done Jim -I have been with other sites but this one is more genuinely helpful and more caring/personal.Makes you feel like one of the family!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hey Tam, where do you find out on this site how many members have signed up please, Is 37,000 the number that have signed up since inception of MH FUN, some which may have fallen by the wayside, or is that the current number of fully paid and current live members?
@Jim must be a rich man by now, and deservedly so for all his hard work and tenacity , can I have your autograph please:D
I feel a bit of a twit now, as I do my best to spread the good word about FUN membership everywhere we visit, I even bought the number plate, how sad is that:whistle:
Good stuff this.
Les
It was in @Jim original post above just under the circled 3 million posts it says members and 37 odd thousand

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well done Jim -I have been with other sites but this one is more genuinely helpful and more caring/personal.Makes you feel like one of the family!
You slag!:LOL:
Les

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I’m not surprised, i’d be on the Forums 24/7 if I had a Badknee
Yes but you see, I post serious consice posts that are a boon to Motorhome Fun unlike the inane drivel that @Liverpoollass consistently posts but then again she is a wimmins so what can we expect? :whistle:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It was in @Jim original post above just under the circled 3 million posts it says members and 37 odd thousand

Yes thats right. We are showing 37k right now. Our newest member who signed up a few minutes ago is 57,347th member. Which means we have deleted over 20,000 inactive members. If someone has not signed in for 13 months and has never posted then they are deleted. I'm overdue a cull and our numbers will drop to around 25000 members who have all logged in recently.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
How many times over the years have you noticed on your speedo when a big number is coming up, 10k 50k etc. Little things…the pleasure you get when you happen to catch it just as it trips over to all those zeros, and how annoying it is when you’ve anticipated watching it, maybe noticing that it’s coming up soon, but then forget. When you look at the odometer, it’s past, you missed it, bugger! You’ll have to wait for the next big one.

The same happened to me this week, but it wasn’t in the Van or in my Lanny, it was here on the forum. A few weeks ago I could see we were getting close to 3 million posts. No mean feat and more than double other forums that have been around much longer.

We took over 7 years to get to 1m posts now we make around 500,000 a year! I thought maybe we could have a competition, who was going to make the 3 millionth post. I remembered to look today and we are now 10,000 posts OVER the 3m landmark. Bugger!

Anyway, well-done Funsters, I’ve read most of those 3m posts, and through them, you’ve informed me, mostly made me giggle but sometimes made me cry; above all, you‘ve made me proud. Thank you all so much. Here's to 4million, I’ll catch it next time. :D

View attachment 268672
I bet it was one of Sir @old-mo 's :notworthy2: (May his name be forever praised) Jokes, so don't panic - it will be coming around again soon.....

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
So - going back to the original post. I get really annoyed when I've listened to everybody else's weather and somehow managed to miss the weather where we are! Doesn't matter how determined I am not to drift off in to a dream, fight the alcoholic stupor or just go off to the loo I still miss it.
Steph

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I was eagerly awaiting the 100k on my old Espace, 5,4,3 miles to go. Then I forgot about it next time out and by the time we got home from Sainsburys it had clicked over to 100,001. :(

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Your not 5he only one....happens to us all the time!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... as in frequenting other forums rather than being solely dedicated to just this one ... I think a better more polite 'name' would be huzzy! :LOL:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Sorry @Chris51 if I offended you. I did hope you would see the funny side of my comment, please dont take offence. I can only blame the joke thread I had previously been reading,it has tainted me, dont go there if easily offended today.
Unfortunately @Minxy Girl I only follow this forum is there no hope for me?please forgive also.
Your respectful servant.
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back