Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
dollies are ok for recovery . a frames as well .
but although i stick up for aframes . the best thing is a mini artic or a fifth wheeler if you want a vehicle to go around in . find mine brilliant .

Ha ha Alan you and I have had this conversation many times......and doubtless will again:Smile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hmm......so I and many others will be lining up to claim vast amounts from companies who have paid out vast sums getting legal advice to ensure they comply with current and forthcoming laws.....I don't think so.

You might be !! Who knows these guys will tell you anything to get a sale !!

As VWalan says trailer if you must but a caravan or 5th wheel is the answer if you nees a car to get around. We do trailer a motorbike sometimes in the winter but for fun as we use it more on holiday than at home.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
You might be !! Who knows these guys will tell you anything to get a sale !!

As VWalan says trailer if you must but a caravan or 5th wheel is the answer if you nees a car to get around. We do trailer a motorbike sometimes in the winter but for fun as we use it more on holiday than at home.

Been there, done that.....got fed up with falling off....the tarmac got too hard to bite:Smile: 5th wheel is good for some, but not for me. If I am so illegal, why have I not been stopped? Why did the policeman who parked next to me just look and smile?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i carry a dax m,bike in the back as well.
7 seater in unit . short total length . car and caravan bargain prices on ferries . no mot . gotta make sense to most if they think about it .

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Been there, done that.....got fed up with falling off....the tarmac got too hard to bite:Smile: 5th wheel is good for some, but not for me. If I am so illegal, why have I not been stopped? Why did the policeman who parked next to me just look and smile?

Not fallen enough yet :RollEyes: Think of paperwork and targets reference policeman ! Although not legal not high on list of priorities . But not sure of consequences should you be involved in an accident . Definitely not wishing that on anyone .

Not sure why a framers are so defensive . Why do they not just say , not sure of the legalities but will take my chance ?? After all the guy was selling them at Vichy knowing full well they are also illegal here ! That is dealers for you :ROFLMAO:

Been discussed to death before so the end of the discussion for me .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back