A decision finally made (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
After reading many helpful posts and opinions on the forum about what tracker and alarm to get if indeed we decided to get one we finally made a decision. As the tracker seems to only be an insurance requirement if the Motorhome was over a certain amount it came down down to preference rather than a specific requirment. We ended up using Visual Telematics in Somerset who I can honestly say have been great. A small organisation which really took the time to talk to us about what we were actually looking for and have now successfully installed a tracker, alarm and a reversing camera. Once we finally saw the van in the dark we realised it had a really bright flashing light for obvious reasons but thought this was going to be too disturbing for anyone sleeping in the drop down bed so they came out and fixed a switch that means when the bed is in use you can still alarm the doors but not have the light. Nothing is too much trouble and a speedy, clean and tidy service provided.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am I the only person who hates seeing security measures being shown on an open forum?

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Possibly but that's ok as everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as you are polite no one will take or should take offence. It's a free country after all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Am I the only person who hates seeing security measures being shown on an open forum?

I think you will find that thieves and scrotes will learn anything more than they already know from posts on the forum and I think it's more beneficial for Funsters to learn rather than keep them in the dark as to what they can do to prevent the scrotes doing their worst

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for info. As a newbie MH owner forums like this are one of the best ways of working out what van security to use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back