A Class Headlight adjustment for continental driving (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago A Class
Exp
5 years
We will be going to France later in the year.

Looking at the headlights on A class they are the Hella Projector type - small round. They have an adjustment to switch their beam to a flat profile that can be used for continental driving. BUT there is no way I can get at all three screws on both headlights, to be able to rotate the units. I can just see them, but even a flexible screwdriver would not get to some because of the frame around the headlights is over them.

On a previous non Carthago with the same lights I could just about get to the adjustments.

Do not really want to dismantle the whole assembly.

Have any of you achieved adjustment, or those who have not - how do you position a beam defector on these small Hella lights ?

Thanks

Peter

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I'm told it can be done but is a "right fiddle" to do. Then you'll need to switch them back.
I used to put deflectors on mine, in an attempt to "show willing", but now don't bother at all.
I think the law is about dazzling on-coming traffic, rather than adjusting lights to avoid such. So, if you avoid night travel, you should avoid prosecution.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I adjusted mine to a flat beam on Carthago A class. It didn't have a lever, just 3 screws.

However, when i first bought it, I just used a Halfords beam adaptor (eurolites). Just used the circular 60mm diameter part, half of which (approximately) is attached to the lens. They give instructions for fitting to projector lamps.

My flat beam adjusted lamps pass the MOT every year, so would imagine a masked lamp would also pass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our Eura Mobil had a switch but was a sod to flick, so once I did it, I never touched it again until we sold it 5 years later, and that passed the mot every year with the flat beam. :LOL: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back