A box for astra 1? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Having changed MH's we need a new 'freesat' box? The new to us MH has a Chrystop dish on it which seems to be self seeking but it wont find "c or D or whatever it is that UK is on. That suits me because we re usually past the reach of it and would rather have astra 1 so I can get RTL and watch the F1. Any thoughts from the techie types on what would work best please?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Your best bet is get a free-to-air receiver it will pick up loads of channels, we have a humax free sat box but you need astra 2 because they pick up UK channels, if you manage to get your dish to lock on to astra 2 you will get those channels also on a free to air box if your dish is big enough, but astra 1 will get various channels that transmit on that frequency. šŸ˜
Just googling your dish, probably not been programmed as its German, and noticed Road Pro mentioned speak to Andy he will advise. šŸ˜ Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
F1 on RTL will end at the end of this season.
From 2021 it will only be on Sky Germany...no news if any other free to air broadcaster will pick it up.

UK TV currently is on three satellites , 2e, 2f and 2g.

And "free to air" receiver will receive any free to air channels that your dish can pick up.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
F1 on RTL will end at the end of this season.
From 2021 it will only be on Sky Germany...no news if any other free to air broadcaster will pick it up.

Hmm in that case I might well end my 40 years of watching F1 and bolt a solar panel to the dish instead

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back