40 Days Italy to Dublin (1 Viewer)

LostAsian

Free Member
Mar 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Starting soon Beginning April 2024 ( next month ). I am lost on the planning part. This is a relocation deal that i grabbed hold of. ( justgo or bunkcampers site has the link if you are interested )
So my itineary looks like this:

I have driving experience driving motorhomes in UK, Australia and NZ but this time will be the first in Europe ( driving on the opp Side ). I was told that the driver seat will be on the Right side ( that's a savior ).
I have been using forum read up to plot the map so far. I am still lost quite a lot. We are a couple in our 50s and able to walk but not run.

These are our interests:
Nature, waterfall, quirky places.
Not much into building.
Not really interested in cities.
Not into history
& no idea what else i will not be interested in.

I had asked some questions on another popular forum but go some scary replies. Here are some of them:
ie: NO ONE drives a motorhome in this time of the year ; we all drive small cars; Leave your motorhome at home; Are you crazy?

I have under a month to plan the route and come up with dates for the crossing. I was thinking 18 days in Europe and the rest 22 days or so , split UK and Ireland. I have done Scotland and above ( NC 500 ). So this time around will be Manchester and surrounding.
I intend to cross into Ireland from CairnRyan into Belfast. Belfast anti clockwise heading west and down south towards Dublin. Nothing really has been firmed up yet on the route in UK and Ireland.

I am open to any advice.

PS: i am still looking for cheap places to stay. My bank is broken. I will be more broke after this trip.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! Absolutely no problem travelling in a MH in April - it's usually the month we start our European rambles.

Driving in Italy can be challenging, just go slowly, use the motorways as much as possible even though they cost money but they aren't expensive.

If you want to save money stay in mainland Europe for as long as possible. There are plenty of places you can stay in for free or very low cost. Water might cost you ā‚¬2. Look on here for discussions on aires.

If I was you I would spend most of the time in France but others would head for Spain although that will mean a lot of driving but it will be cheaper and warmer once you get there.

Finding cheap places to stay in England will be challenging. I would drive straight through it! Eire is more open to wild camping as is Scotland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Finding cheap places to stay in England will be challenging. I would drive straight through it! Eire is more open to wild camping as is Scotland.

I think challenging is a little strong. Not as easy as mainland Europe true but I recently had 4 nights away and paid Ā£15, Ā£8 and Ā£0 (at a pub). There are plenty of free off grid suggestions on park4night if you so wish.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back