360 degree birds eye camera (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2022
Cadwell Park Circuit, Cawkwell, Louth, UK
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Morning all,
I have a two camera rear view mirror setup, which is great for general driving, It automatically switches to second camera when reversing but in truth it’s not a lot of use as you can’t actually see the corners of the van , maybe needs a wider angle lens? ( the bike rack doesn’t help either) I’ve just seen these 360 degree systems and wondered if anyone has any experience with them?
many thanks bob

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am a bit surprised at your comments as well, do you mean the images off the recorder are stretched/distorted? is so yes I will agree as they have not been through the processing unit that creates the 360 image. I would not say that ours is useless in the dark though and friends have the same system fitted and theirs was always on at night and visibility was good without any extra lights.
I am talking from the screen whilst driving not looking at recorded images later on from the sd card or play back from the screen, if others are ok i think i may need to get mine looked at as its def not. The video of each side is just too stretched, i would prefer less of the sides if the picture was a lot clearer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
We have the same system as daveclare and would not be without it.

More than happy to recommend Motorhome Retrofits. I think they are a bit more expensive than other systems but their workmanship is second to none. You wouldn’t know it’s not factory fitted😀

If you go to their website ours is the video ‘Humongous HYMER’ we had other work done at the same time so they had the van for a week.🚍

Upvote 0

MHF

Free Member
Mar 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
MORELO 82LB
Had the CAMOS 360 Camera system fitted last year at Camos UK Peterborough
very neat job and handy for parking in tight spaces (the rain does effect the cameras)
system is expensive but if it saves just one panel dent its worth it.

tempImageh6GpRe.png

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We are in for ours the week after next, I will post up our experience once it is done.
We had our installed yesterday. Their facility is a new unit on an industrial estate. Access is easy. Inside, their unit is spotless with components stacked in storage racks. There was nothing on the floor. We arrived at 08:30 on Wednesday as planned and were met by Neil. After a quick run through the installation, he took us to the train station. We received a progress report by text that evening, and again mid -morning on Thursday. We arrived back at the unit at 16:00h and they were just finishing off. After a run through the system, a check to make sure the alarm systems were reset (they have to disconnected all tge power), and paying the bill, we were on the road. After 46 years of using side mirrors, it takes a little getting used to. There are also multiple view options bases on the manoeuvre you are making to select from in the settings. We ran up the motorway for a couple of hours and holed up at a pub when the light was just beginning to fade. Where I managed to take the wrong turning into the car park and had to reverse up a drive. Then into the car park, and reversed into a spot against a wall. No need for Mrs B to get out and wave. Today we completed the journey which ends with a tight turn into the garage. I got it in one go without having to fret about it.
In summary, IMHO, it is money well spent. Particularly, when you factor how much even a minor graze in an A-Class costs to repair. I don't think I will ever stop using my side mirrors, but this system improves your all round vision and safety.
I hope this is helpful. Safe and happy travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Looks like a great bit of kit, can they be used when parked up to see if there are any scroats about?
Yes. The 360HD we have has a rocker switch that allows you to power the system from either the ignition or the habitation, or isolate it completely. They told me it draws 30w which is, I think, 2.5ah when running. It doesn't have night vision as far as I can see, so the ambient light needs to be up a bit for it to work. It is new to us, so I will experiment on out next trips.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back